2.2 Adhoc build official topic

Legendary Hoamaru

1. Download the newest nightly from today (June 28th, 2012).  Test with this build, don't post logs from 2.2.

If the build fails, post your logs in this topic.

Important for Mac users: If you're on a Mac and you use Nightly for local building (or even adhoc), you have to copy libStencyl.a from the official build (plaf/ios) to the same folder in the nightly build.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 08:58:03 pm by Legendary Hoamaru »

Future Freak

I am pleased to say I've rushed straight home to test this and that the nightly 2.2 builds via the server are now working for me from Vista using ad hoc build.

Thanks for fixing this Hoamaru, you are truly legend..... wait for it.......dary  ;)

Legendary Hoamaru

Credits go to Jon for this one.  I'd have never known something so simple was causing this bug to happen.

Besides the atlas file path issue, the problem was just a missing library on the build server.  We are suppose to generate and upload a library for each release of Stencyl and one wasn't generated for 2.2.

saulochina

i now this isn't the exactly thread for that... but is possible to retrieve a game that was sent to the servers, to use it again with stencyl?
Finding the fun!
Squib Wars. Now complete, and avaible for free on App Store! http://bit.ly/LxJ62L
https://www.facebook.com/twoheadedgames
Twitter: @saulochina
MSN: sauloj.china@hotmail.com

mguido730

I just installed the latest nightly, but still can't get it to build. The output (attached) seems to be implying that i don't have a correct provisioning profile, even though i just redownloaded all the files from my iOS provisioning portal in case they were wrong.

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. Turns out i had the wrong app ID typed into stencyl in the game's settings.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 10:25:54 pm by mguido730 »
Matt Guido (@guidolatry)

Co-Founder/Programmer at The Automatic Gentlemen.

mguido730

New problem: When i try building for the app store, it builds, but it won't install on my iPhone whether i do it through iTunes or directly on the device. When i try with Ad Hoc, it won't build at all. I've attached the output for the ad hoc one.
Matt Guido (@guidolatry)

Joe

Make sure you're creating a *distribution* Ad Hoc profile which is paired with the correct App ID, your device ID, and your *distribution* certificate.

mguido730

I just checked to make sure, and yeah that's what i did. Do you think i should just start the whole process over? I'm on a PC so i wouldn't be surprised if i messed up one of these certificate steps along the way.
Matt Guido (@guidolatry)

Joe

I just checked to make sure, and yeah that's what i did. Do you think i should just start the whole process over? I'm on a PC so i wouldn't be surprised if i messed up one of these certificate steps along the way.

Did you use a password when generating the certificate on Windows? (You need to.)

Otherwise, yeah, start over. Probably much easier.

mguido730

Did you use a password when generating the certificate on Windows? (You need to.)

Otherwise, yeah, start over. Probably much easier.

Yeah i set a password. Gonna try starting from the beginning now. I'll let you know if i still have problems after that. Thanks  :D
Matt Guido (@guidolatry)

mguido730

Alright, I just got done redoing the whole process, i didn't realize you needed a separate p12 for distribution. And after taking care of all that, it still won't build. Although i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the certificates this time because the output is much more complex. I attached it to this post, if you could take a look at it i'd greatly appreciate it.
Matt Guido (@guidolatry)

haim

Hi,

i'm trying to build the demo "joystick" app as ad hoc for ipad.
and i got the attached error log.

i build all cer files like explained in this tutorial:
http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2011/09/22/creation-of-an-iphone-app-with-flash-and-without-a-mac-for-all-windows-lovers/

but i used the "ios_distribution.cer" and not the "ios_developer.cer" file. (it mention somewhere...)
if i used "ios_distribution.cer" i just got:
Code Sign error: No unexpired provisioning profiles found that contain any of the keychain's signing certificates

any advice?

thanks!

Haim ifrah
Web and Games designer.

haim

well? any one?  why should i want to go pro with this if i can't get answers in the forum?
Haim ifrah
Web and Games designer.

mguido730

Hi,

i'm trying to build the demo "joystick" app as ad hoc for ipad.
and i got the attached error log.

i build all cer files like explained in this tutorial:
http://www.emanueleferonato.com/2011/09/22/creation-of-an-iphone-app-with-flash-and-without-a-mac-for-all-windows-lovers/

but i used the "ios_distribution.cer" and not the "ios_developer.cer" file. (it mention somewhere...)
if i used "ios_distribution.cer" i just got:
Code Sign error: No unexpired provisioning profiles found that contain any of the keychain's signing certificates

any advice?

thanks!

I used that same tutorial, and i ended up getting the same error. You should start over and use this one instead and make sure to ignore all the stuff about adobe flash builder: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/air/articles/packaging-air-apps-ios.html

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 08:19:48 pm by mguido730 »
Matt Guido (@guidolatry)

haim

i looked at adobe tutorial, it using the same set of commands to create the profiles and cer files.
i need this to work for windows but i'm not sure if this procedure should work for ad hoc.

Haim ifrah
Web and Games designer.