Drawing Order

Miasmos Games

I've checked around, both on Stencylpedia and the forums, and there seems to be nothing about this, so I was just wondering how the order in which things are drawn works? I have two scene behaviours that both draw things,  however, one is over the top of the other and i don't want that, but I can't find any way to fix it?

Cupcake Bounce

Epic428

Ultimately, when it comes down to it, it is the order in which behaviors are initialized. One way you could try and solve this problem, is drawing to specific layers. For some reason I thought I saw a thread a few weeks ago that talked about that functionality.

Another solution would be to have one behavior enable the other behavior, this way you can change the order in which the behaviors code is executed by changing the order in which the behaviors are initialized. Another option which may not work would be to flip a boolean from false to true in the other behavior to "enable" drawing.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Greg

Here's the article that discusses drawing to a specific layer

http://www.stencyl.com/help/viewArticle/50

Epic428

Thanks for posting that Greg! I didn't realize there was an article for it! :p
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Miasmos Games

Thanks to both of you for taking the time to help (: although I couldn't seem to get one behaviour to activate another correctly? And layers involve coding, which I can do in some languages but have no idea about Action Script... Thanks very much though  :D

Cupcake Bounce