Kit: Action-RPG (Seiken Densetsu 3 Combat system)

XanderGC

Hi there,

Long time lurker, rarely a poster and this is something that I would love to see Stencyl be able to do. Even something like Final Fantasy would be epic and would really make Stencyl that much more awesome, even though it already is pretty awesome. Does anyone else have the issue where you want to make a game but you just don't even know where to begin? That is my issue.

Rexasul

Hi there,

Long time lurker, rarely a poster and this is something that I would love to see Stencyl be able to do. Even something like Final Fantasy would be epic and would really make Stencyl that much more awesome, even though it already is pretty awesome. Does anyone else have the issue where you want to make a game but you just don't even know where to begin? That is my issue.

I think nearly all of us have been there. I opened up Stencyl a few times before even attempting anything. The blocks were confusing to someone who had just started using them for the first time, but this is like most stuff you encounter in life.

What I ended up doing was starting a game using the platformer kit. I only intended to use its behaviours, the idea was that I'd only create and import my own graphics. In the end that wasn't enough for me, as I had to add certain things that the platformer kit wasn't made for, so I opened up the relevant behaviours, studied the blocks and eventually they made sense. They had to - after a while of tweaking certain things, you realise that "this" block does "that" and you can see it work when you test your game.

I made half of a game with the kit before deciding that I could actually do everything myself, and that the kit was cluttered with stuff that my game simply didn't require - so I started from scratch with it.

[EDIT]
I'm not belittling the use of kits, only explaining how the kit was incompatible with my idea and that it was inadvertently the way I'd learn to create my own behaviours.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 10:35:08 am by Rexasul »
my website |>>| shadowlabs.net

tabletop

Just out of curiosity, is this kit still going to be created??

Luke B

I've just come up with a small design doc for an rpg, i would love to see an action rpg kit along the lines of the zenonia series on smart phone.

Zergem

I would really appreciate a kit like this!

airman4

Guys stop uploading this thread

each time i think a kit is avalaible when i see an update !

CrimsonThunder

+1 for being interested in this, hope you're still working on it. :)

cddb

Whatever happened with this :'(

tomatohorse

Yeah, I'd like to see this come to fruition as well!