An RPG Project called "Cybrpets" for iOS

drzbabiboi

I'm working on a RPG project called cybrpets. it has been a fun process and a learning experience to say the least. it is a open world RPG with a turn based battle system in which you must capture and train a wide variety of monsters called cybrpets.

I am really curious to know what you may be able to bring to the project, by that i mean anything from suggestions, animations, programming, or even story ideas, really anything you may have to offer. I am trying to make this a large scale project so i am reaching out and seeing what you guys  have to offer =)

This is :

-Turned Based RPG
old-school style RPG

-Monster Capture and Train System
Leveling up is the name of the game. Be the strongest trainer around

-Open World
Dive into a brand new world as you explore the vast open world and experience CYBRPETS!!!

keeping things brief, if you are interested, please let me know and i can answer any questions you may have

tabletop

InB4 this becomes better than Pokemon.

Greymtr

I'm ready to help you in the animations and graphics bit.......PM me if interested.

Oh...& a suggestion...If you know how to make this game into a MMORPG ( a very difficult challenge )
Then....you can get this project to a whole new level.....

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:30:48 am by Greymtr »
Part time gamer.Part time n00b. Full time Sci-fi Fan.

ipe 369

+1 for the mmo idea. I'd love to help, but i can't afford the $150 for ios :P

drzbabiboi

I'm ready to help you in the animations and graphics bit.......PM me if interested.

Oh...& a suggestion...If you know how to make this game into a MMORGP ( a very difficult challenge )
Then....you can get this project to a whole new level.....

That is definitely a good idea, I've never done a full scale mmoRPG but this sounds like a challenge worth attempting to implement. I've worked with multiplayer games, but an mmoRPG would be a new adventure

Greymtr

I have uploaded few of my art , I'm afraid it's all pixel art  :-[ 
I know you've used vector style here...so....again PM me to discuss....

Oh and yes nowadays MMORPGs with pixel art seem to grab the attention of audiences any age
( for example "Realm Of The Mad God").

You also mentioned that the game will be "old schooled" doesn't that mean pixel art?

Anyways here is some of my art :-

Hectate

You also mentioned that the game will be "old schooled" doesn't that mean pixel art?
Old-School game design (in this instance, RPG gameplay) does not mean old-school art design.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Greymtr

Old-School game design (in this instance, RPG gameplay) does not mean old-school art design.

I do understand that Hectate...All I was hinting here is that pixel art would add up to the amount of 'old schooledness" there by rendering it more " old school "

Greymtr

I'm making a sprite sheet for cyberpets ... I just wanted to know whether I should continue , start fresh or if there's a correction to be made in one of these animals.

UnknownNormals

oh geez, I can't help much, but that certainly does looks amazing!

Greymtr

oh geez, I can't help much, but that certainly does looks amazing!

Thank you I'm working on the two charecters above but I think that's gonna take some time

Greymtr

Is this project paused or stopped...I have anyways paused on art...so in case this project is still running I can complete the sprites...