Reaching Finality

irock

Reaching Finality
A man finds himself partially possessed by a spirit trapped on the Earth. Working together in
 the man's body, they must embark on an adventure to get the stranded soul to the afterlife.

Play on Newgrounds

I made this game in two insanely stressful weeks for the Newgrounds Stencyl competition.
I hope you all enjoy it!

I want to thank Justin for the amazing dialog system and support and Blob for beta testing and feedback.

Raiyumi

Can't say much. Great game. ;)

JensWinterstein

Beautiful! And a nice start into the day.
I would have loved to see some weapon variation and a lot more game elements at all, but since you downright churned this one out you are excused.

Fived :))
Get 100 Chambers for Android / iOS
Get Cubus Velox for Android / iOS or play it on Flash

- Portfolio

irock

Thank you! There's a LOT more what I wanted to do with this game, but I made it in two weeks for the StencylJam competition.

mars

Very impressive for the short time span it took you!

Zelda-esque, and fun to play. Like a few have said more weapons and perhaps a few more forgiving save points (e.g. dying before/during the boss in the temple takes you all the way back to the front door!) would have been nice but perhaps those additions can be made now at your own leisure :)

Great work!

mars

I think I broke it...!  ???

I was on the final(?) boss, where he begins to spit out the multi-coloured spheres. He appeared right next to me and I smacked him with the pitchfork, also hitting a sphere and at that point they both flew off screen to the right together. Neither has come back...!

I'm just stuck in the room and will have to re-load the tab, I expect.

rlc2405

Lovely!!!

You make all the graphics by yourself?! It's really good!

One of my personal favorites to win the race :)

Satyre

Have only played 10 minutes so far, but I like it very much. Great artwork and music choice.

Pixel Pusher

The game is cool. It has that Cory design feel to it. I'm at the first boss shadow thing guy. I've died 4 times.

Do you have a 2x resized version of the game rather than a 3x resized version? Since the game has simply gfx the 3x version looks good. Probably wouldn't have looked too well if it was more detailed.

Very nice Cory. I'm still waiting for The Binding force 2 to come out. Prolly won't though eh? : )

Cheers!

GreenGuy

i have a question about the trees... i don't know if its a stupid question... but how do you make them overlap so much... do you use a whole bunch of layers?
________________,.-*'Renewal'*-.,________________
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,10615.0.html
------------------------'*-.,Renewal,.-*'------------------------

katana

It's probably that every "tree" is split into a bunch of smaller tiles.
One of the two expert stencylers to have done precisely nothing to earn their title... Oh damn, he did something and got promoted. I need to get to work. Until then, I'm unique?
<Katana>: Blob: back me up :c
<Stevetheipad>: what's the "move pen to" block?
<Blob>: irock you are wrong
<Blob>: it's 2 against 1 we live in a democracy

Pixel Pusher

He probably has the tops of the trees set to a higher layer and the bottom of the trees are set to a lower one, and that one is probably set to the player's layer.

Layers are nice.

irock

Thanks for all the kind words. The game's featured on the Newgrounds homepage right now, which is pretty cool.

I think I broke it...!  ???

I was on the final(?) boss, where he begins to spit out the multi-coloured spheres. He appeared right next to me and I smacked him with the pitchfork, also hitting a sphere and at that point they both flew off screen to the right together. Neither has come back...!

I'm just stuck in the room and will have to re-load the tab, I expect.
They FLEW off the screen, as in physically moved to the right? Someone else said the boss didn't come back for them, so I'll have to really look into this. I don't think I can patch it until the competition's over though.

Do you have a 2x resized version of the game rather than a 3x resized version? Since the game has simply gfx the 3x version looks good. Probably wouldn't have looked too well if it was more detailed.
No sir.