So...What do you guys think of this?

Greymtr

Some of my recent art which may be included in my game....
Any advice / criticism  are always welcome...

Part time gamer.Part time n00b. Full time Sci-fi Fan.

ipe 369

I like the items :D But the tree looks a little strange to me, it looks see through, although if that was the sort of style you were going for, good job :D

Greymtr

I like the items :D But the tree looks a little strange to me, it looks see through, although if that was the sort of style you were going for, good job :D

The tree was supposed to have a hint of sci fi cybernetics instead what ended up was a transparent , hollow-looking tree which would be found near a spooky graveyard , by which I was equally satisfied.... :P 

Anyways thank you for that piece of criticism  :D

Schteven1234

The tree was supposed to have a hint of sci fi cybernetics instead what ended up was a transparent , hollow-looking tree which would be found near a spooky graveyard , by which I was equally satisfied.... :P

I really really like it. I was wandering through the forums and thought I'd drop a compliment by. The tree is awesome, and the moon looks really unique colored in. The items (and such) are cool too, but what I am really impressed by is the consistency of its own style. It totally sticks to its own design scheme. The thing I might suggest changing is the starscape. I think it looks overly peppered. But even that looks good in its own way. I'm a crappy pixel artist, but if it means anything, nice!

Greymtr

I really really like it. I was wandering through the forums and thought I'd drop a compliment by. The tree is awesome, and the moon looks really unique colored in. The items (and such) are cool too, but what I am really impressed by is the consistency of its own style. It totally sticks to its own design scheme. The thing I might suggest changing is the starscape. I think it looks overly peppered. But even that looks good in its own way. I'm a crappy pixel artist, but if it means anything, nice!

Thank you so much for that Schteven1234 . I'll see what I can do about the stars too. The items were all made randomly .... The leaves , earth , stars and half of the stuff in the first row were done with not much thought...Then I thought "Why not make a game menu style sheet" and the result was what you saw.

Thank you again for that comment.

SWATLLAMA

The moon needs work.
I love the rest.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Greymtr

The moon needs work.
I love the rest.

um...What work?  ??? If you could drop some suggestions I can add them to the image.

Greymtr

Yeah...So now here is my new and updated version of the above image...

What do you guys think of it?

Any criticism / suggestions are always open!!

MetalRenard

I love it, the images instantly bring musical ideas to my mind. I hope you make a full game with that style, I'd play it.
Composer. Rocker. World Ambassador For Foxes.
http://metalrenardmusic.com/

SWATLLAMA

um...What work?   If you could drop some suggestions I can add them to the image.
Ah, how genitalistic of me to forget to include how you could improve upon that part! Anyway, you already improved upon it in the update.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Greymtr

Quote from: MetalRenard link=topic=12974.msg77770#msg77770 date
=1344628330
I love it, the images instantly bring musical ideas to my mind. I hope you make a full game with that style, I'd play it.

Thank you so much....
I have started to incorparate these images into my game , but as I have a lot of work still remaining, I think its gonna take some more time.

ipe 369

LOVE the tree in the new update! In the old one it looked see-through, whereas in this you can almost see the lighting of the moon and it's silhouhette against the background, looks great!!

Greymtr

Thank you so much ipe 369..

For the rest of you My comps working all good again.

I'm now thinking of doing something season-like

Be sure to watch out for  updates  all ... on.... this....page.

Greymtr

NEW IMAGE

This one is the "seasonal" project I was talking about..Wonder why it was so fast.

Like the previous multi-colored tree ,  this one used a template , which , too I have attached ,

I would like to say that if you feel that you can improve any of these images or create some thing else , do download the mountain template...

Dr.Greymtr Smith  8)

ipe 369

Ooh i like it but it needs more shading, to make it look more like rock rather than a 2d image :)
No offense intended of course, i like it :P