So...What do you guys think of this?

Greymtr

Ooh i like it but it needs more shading, to make it look more like rock rather than a 2d image :)
No offense intended of course, i like it :P

I'll keep that in mind ipe369  :P ......

. More updates coming soon , hopefully really soon. ;).   

Dr.Greymtr Smith  8)

Part time gamer.Part time n00b. Full time Sci-fi Fan.

stratoavis

I like what you have so far with the items and the different color trees :) At first glance with the smaller sized images of the seasonal templates it gave me the impression that they could be in a game with a "candy" like theme to it with the colors you picked :P

Greymtr

I like what you have so far with the items and the different color trees :) At first glance with the smaller sized images of the seasonal templates it gave me the impression that they could be in a game with a "candy" like theme to it with the colors you picked :P

Lol . I'll keep that im mind while creating my next game.

Now if som1 can suggest several landscapes for Spring , Summer & Autumn , I'm creating my new update without using the template [ was'nt satisfied ::) ] , I'm sticking with the winter one , though.  [ it seemed to fit nicely  ;) ]

Do reply if u guys have some ideas...

Greymtr

Thrown the seasons idea into Limbo....for now though.

Currently more serious  ;D with my game ( Sound effects-Trumpets )  ??? .

So the ..... first sprite........  ::)

BTW , I use Ubuntu , so um...I find it difficult to copy paste images , I have to always attach them , is their an easier method? :-\

ipe 369

Ha, i don't know how to do it on windows mate, know how you feel ;)
I like the style, you need to add some shading to the last guy you did, it'll make him more realistic. Know you weren't goin' for realism, but whatever. ;)

marcumgames

I own Marcum Games

Greymtr

looks good!

Thank you. ( bows down )

Ha, i don't know how to do it on windows mate, know how you feel ;)
I like the style, you need to add some shading to the last guy you did, it'll make him more realistic. Know you weren't goin' for realism, but whatever. ;)

Realism. Hmmm.....
Never thought of that. Will try shading.

About shading.....Is there a way to determine the color and the amount of the shading on the basis of the color and distance of light in the area where the sprite is standing?

ipe 369

No mathematical way, i don't think. Someone's probably developed a computer program for it or summit. Just do it by eye, remember what you see is what everyone will see. Can't go wrong.. ;) Just get the same colour as before, like, eyedropper it, then decrease saturation or brightness for shadows or increase for highlight.
Realism isn't particularly important in pixelart. Shading probably isn't gonna change it, but it'll look nicer :)
By the way, you should probably search up some tutorials on this, i'm an awful pixelartist myself :P

katana

The mountain lines look really out of place to me, I think it'd be nicer if you made them slightly tinted in the color of the rest of the background.
One of the two expert stencylers to have done precisely nothing to earn their title... Oh damn, he did something and got promoted. I need to get to work. Until then, I'm unique?
<Katana>: Blob: back me up :c
<Stevetheipad>: what's the "move pen to" block?
<Blob>: irock you are wrong
<Blob>: it's 2 against 1 we live in a democracy

Greymtr

The mountain lines look really out of place to me, I think it'd be nicer if you made them slightly tinted in the color of the rest of the background.

What mountain lines?