My Second Game: The Robo Squad

fillergames

I found a bug that crashes the game.

In level 4, after the moving block is all the way back right. Use bolt and use the shield on top of the spikes. The moving block will push you into the blades, crashing the game.

Here's a screencap of it crashing, also the funny looking crash screen.

Hectate

That sounds like the Box2D bug. Crushing actors has a tendency to crash the game - I know it's been worked on but I don't recall the exact current situation (fixed or not).
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

fillergames

That sounds like the Box2D bug. Crushing actors has a tendency to crash the game - I know it's been worked on but I don't recall the exact current situation (fixed or not).

Turn the collision box into a sensor. It's that easy.

Photon

No, its not. Then something isn't going to register solid collisions like it should.
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

fillergames

No, its not. Then something isn't going to register solid collisions like it should.
You die when you touch the saw blades. They will be impassable even without collision.

AwesomePassword

You die when you touch the saw blades. They will be impassable even without collision.
While this works with sawblades, there is also the problem of regular blocks. In level 2, there were moving platforms. However, it pushed into a tile. So, it was possible to be completely crushed between the moving platform and the tile, causing the same bug. Therefore, because I didn't know how/if it was possible to solve this, I decided to make it impossible for it to happen; I didn't catch this one, however.

Anyways, if anyone has a way to fix it, I'd gladly like to hear it!
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%

fillergames

Anyways, if anyone has a way to fix it, I'd gladly like to hear it!

Just make room for the player when the moving block changes direction.

LewCorp

Ok I need help! First of all can you explain how you can have multiple characters? And does anyone know how to have collectable coins that can be used in a shop for example..

Photon

Ok I need help! First of all can you explain how you can have multiple characters? And does anyone know how to have collectable coins that can be used in a shop for example..
This game thread is about AwesomePassword's game, not yours. The multiple characters question was OK, but don't ask unrelated questions about collectable coins and a shop, ESPECIALLY when you already asked this in the "Ask a Question" section.

As for the "squished" actor bug, the only non-complicated solution is probably just to eliminate all instances where it could happen, unfortunately. It might be worth giving some creative thought though for a solution... hmm...
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

DariusSlayer

This might help;  What I did in my game was making sure that the moving platforms weren't close enough to "squish" the player to a tile.  It's about level design, really, as I haven't a clue in terms of coding.

AwesomePassword

I've added the fifth level. Some people complained the game was too difficult, so I also added checkpoints. As always, various graphical polishes are included as well.

Anyways, play the game at http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/14227!
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%

AwesomePassword

Finally, the sixth level is complete! I also updated some graphics on the backgrounds.

Anyways, play the game at http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/14227!
~Password
===
Games:
-Tetra Factory - 80%