Mini-Suggestion Thread

Hectate

I believe they are alphabetized? If I remember correctly - if they are - that explains why I don't recall having this issue, I tend to name and number them very similarly...

Ice 1
Ice 2
Grass 1
Grass 2
Lava 1
Lava 2
etc...
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

monkeydoodledo

Be able to choose one of your Backgrounds for the preloader rather than browsing for a file.

Derek

Quick one from me: Display number as percentage value (i.e. 0.12 is displayed as 12%).
Don't be a critic on the internet while eating and drinking at your computer.

Hectate

Quick one from me: Display number as percentage value (i.e. 0.12 is displayed as 12%).
Where? In Design Mode or do you mean in-game?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Derek

In Design Mode of course. There would be a behavior tab called Display as Percentage for numerical inputs.

DonPepe

In the scene editor, it would be nice if you could chose the actors by folders. Maybe like the tab for the tilesets, just with the folders you made in the actors library. Can get very confusing with many actors.
And death puts aside his scythe and climbed on the combine harvester. Cause it was WAR!

GregAnims

In Design Mode of course. There would be a behavior tab called Display as Percentage for numerical inputs.

you can do that in a few seconds using the math blocks though

Derek

@Greg-Anims: Well, thanks for reminding me. In that case, how about adding in a pause function (not to be confused with the inherent pause function in all Stencyl games) for when you bring up a menu in a same scene during exploration or combat that pauses all animations and sounds that are about to occur that are not related to said menu.

GregAnims

@Greg-Anims: Well, thanks for reminding me. In that case, how about adding in a pause function (not to be confused with the inherent pause function in all Stencyl games) for when you bring up a menu in a same scene during exploration or combat that pauses all animations and sounds that are about to occur that are not related to said menu.

Yeh, id really like this too, for custom pause screens which match the look of the game, but also things like in-game upgrade menu's, or pausing the action to show a cutscene..etc

Darkhog

Actually custom pause screens are possible, but they're tricky now. For example play my Adventure Cavern.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

GregAnims

PLEASE let us navigate the tile-selected menu with WASD, so i can just keep drawing without having to constantly mouse over to the menu and then back again just to place 1 corner tile.

..or 1up-ing that idea, include auto-tiling (detects the tiles around it to place top/bottom/corner/left/right tiles for you) to massively speed up the work process. Newest version of flixel has this i think?

darienmsu

Shift+scroll to move horizontal scrollbars?
Imma newbie! v:

JensWinterstein

I think it would be nice to have configurable hotkeys for blocks in Design Mode, i.e.:

- 'true' on 't', 'false' on 'f', 'if' on 'i',
- 'and' on 'a', 'or' on 'o',
- 'x<y' on '<', 'x>y' on '>',
- 'code' on 'c', 'mouse is down' on 'm'
etc.

On the Favorites tab, a little hotkey dropdown menu after each item would be well placed imho.
Hotkeys speed things up in many programs, so it could work for the Design Mode, too... killing a lot of mouse moving/clicking. :))

« Last Edit: October 04, 2011, 06:43:49 pm by JensWinterstein »
Get 100 Chambers for Android / iOS
Get Cubus Velox for Android / iOS or play it on Flash

- Portfolio

airman4

Please
a behavior where we can move easily between scenes like a book

for example
scene  1 scene  2 scene 3
in the corner we set two buttons (arrows or whenever we want) and when we press those buttons, we can navigate easily between scenes
this behavior could be nice for reading some instructions or even for some cut scenes.

Zetsaika

How about a way to Download an entire section on StencylForge?

Ex: Download all Backgrounds.