Mini-Suggestion Thread

Darkhog

Zetsaika, I'm not sure if you want to download several GB of data ;).

Anyway, for lightweight actors, could we make bounding-box/pixel-perfect collision?

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Zetsaika

Maybe i should make myself more clear.

Days ago i was downloading some assets to amke a little game to get the grip of Stencyl.
I found myself lossing some time because to downlaod an asset you need to click to Download, wait it end and them save. There sould be a way to make it automatic(Click -> Download and Save without need of confirmation) and a download quene would be good too.

Darkhog

Oh, you mean background downloading like in Firefox? If so, I am with you, man! But I'm not sure if it'll be good for game's integrity. Anyway, this deserves it's own thread as this is not SMALL suggestion (from programmer's stand point it's much harder than begin download→halt program and resume when it finish).

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Silux

Suggestion: Search for Author in Stencylforge.
Sometime i can't find a resource because it's name was mispelled, when i know the name of the author as my pockets.
Ppplease!!!!1!!
Currently working at:
Starwarrior 2097(my main project)
How to make successful games in Kongregate and the world(article)

Silux

Custom blocks related mini suggestions:

-make custom blocks shareable in the forge.

-make default description of custom blocks "None: right-click the block to edit description".

-Global custom blocks you made appear also in other game projects you have in Stencyl.
Currently working at:
Starwarrior 2097(my main project)
How to make successful games in Kongregate and the world(article)

coleislazy

The ability to specify a default collision type when importing a tile sheet. Right now it defaults to square. Changing dozens of tiles gets tedious.

Manuel

-The ability of edit a tileset as a "whole". The same effect as editing the tileset's .png directly but from the click of a button.

-The same as above but for individual tiles.
Game developers are the deities of the virtual realm.
Game Development Blog
Personal Tumblr
Personal Twitter

Jon

The ability to specify a default collision type when importing a tile sheet. Right now it defaults to square. Changing dozens of tiles gets tedious.

You know you can click and drag to select a bunch at once, right?

coleislazy

You know you can click and drag to select a bunch at once, right?

Well, now I do!

mikbob

I think we should be given things to do in order to get leveln 2 in personal homepage.

Visit Our Site!  http://www.mikbobgames.com
Play The Platforms 2!  http://bit.ly/theplatforms2
Check out our twitter!  www.twitter.com/mikbobgames

CanadianHobo

When I was typing in the Game Settings for the description, add crtl-z because I accidently crtl-a (i thought crtl-z worked) and everything got replaced with an a...

captaincomic

"Who uses this?" also for custom blocks.
With the need update you can right click on a behavior and see which actors/scenes are using it. It's a great feature, and I think it would be very useful if you could also do this for custom blocks (i.e. see which behaviors are using the block)

Hunnenkoenig

In FLOW - TIME a block with "do FOR x seconds"

Hectate

I'm not sure I follow. What's the intended use for this?
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

coleislazy

At what interval? Do every step for x seconds? Do every x seconds for x seconds?