Best way for art

Hey guys, i am wondering what is the best way to do art? In the stencyl scene screen, where you can place the actors, you can switch it to grid mode, so you can see the grid squares, i am wondering what is the best way to make art the size of the grids?

Justin

32x32 is the most typical grid size, but anything works.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Yes, well how do i make the art by 32 by 32? Is there a way to know how big your art is? Lets say, im making squares... how do i pick the exact dimensions for the square?

Rhys

It depends on what image editor you are using.

Hectate

Typically when you create a new image in an art program, it will ask you what the dimensions of it should be, as well as some other preliminary settings (MSPaint doesn't though, you'd have to change the settings after the fact). You could set the image to be 32x32 or some multiple of it. An example of multiples would be a tileset that is 320x320 (10 x 10 tiles).
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

way2insane

I haven't tried it yet...but you could try importing an image from here into your art program that is 32x32 and use it for a basic guide.

Hectate

Yes. Assets from your games are stored in the Stencylworks/Games/GameName/resources if you wish to load one and alter it.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Well, see the thing is i was using stencyl's built in art work program, pencyl. I did not use it, and i did some searching around all ready, and found that some people use adobe fireworks. I downloaded it, and now im done, thanks for the help anyway guys. Now, a question to everyone, how do some of you guys make amazing art using these programs? For the people using fireworks, any tips on how to make amazing art?

EDIT: Rhys, the art in you signature, did you make that?

Chibicat

Practice. Looks at tutorials on the internet.