Moving a self-made behavior to my own library

Galdon2004

Is there any way to move a self-made behavior into my library so I don't have to re-build it every time I want to use it? I can't seem to find an option to do this, closest I can find is exporting a behavior into a PNG which I can then import but I'd really rather have it in my library so I can just grab it when I need it instead of importing it first every time.

Miasmos Games

This is something that I believe was originally going to be shipped with the pre-shipped behaviours, but it was decided that since there wasn't enough time to build a full editor (e.g. moving, deleting etc) that it would be post-poned till some point in the future. (Possibly do a search next time, I think this has been mentioned before.) If you're desperate, you can put them in [Your Stencyl Directory]\behaviours and then the respective folder (e.g. the type of behaviour they are and whether they are scene or actor based).

Cupcake Bounce

ShivaFang

Other way around - this is a feature intended for 3.0.  The pre-shipped behaviours was a step towards it. (Or at least that's what their blogs and 3.0 release bits say)

In any event the answer to the OP is - "Can't yet" although you can export and import behaviours to the hard drive, or share them as 'private' on the forge to import into another project.
Justin "ShivaFang" White
Aquamentos Games - The origin of challenging Strategy and Role-Playing Flash gaming!
Visit our Developer Blog and Google+ Page!

Joe

This won't be in 3.0, but in the mean time, you can export a Behavior to a PNG, make a text file for it with the same name, and put both of them in the folder with the pre-shipped Behaviors.

Miasmos Games

The text file's only required for the description though, so it's not like it won't function without it.

Cupcake Bounce

rivet

Just tried your suggestion with the attached behavior, to the following directory:
stencylworks/behaviors/Motion/Actor/Bounce off Wall.png

but no luck, any suggestions

overlordx999

You can save your custom Behaviors in Resource Packs.  Select "Create New" then select "Resource Pack".  You add to the Resource Pack any type of resource, except a scene, by right clicking on the resource.  When you are finished adding resources to the Resource Pack you can share the Resource Pack in the Forge and export it to a file.  When you want to use the Resource Pack in the future, simply import it into an existing game from the "File" menu.  If you want a single library file then keep all of your resources in a single Resource Pack.  However, it may be better for organization to have smaller packs.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 10:17:26 pm by overlordx999 »

Xietao

You can save your custom Behaviors in Resource Packs.  Select "Create New" then select "Resource Pack".  You add to the Resource Pack any type of resource, except a scene, by right clicking on the resource.  When you are finished adding resources to the Resource Pack you can share the Resource Pack in the Forge and export it to a file.  When you want to use the Resource Pack in the future, simply import it into an existing game from the "File" menu.  If you want a single library file then keep all of your resources in a single Resource Pack.  However, it may be better for organization to have smaller packs.
Importing resources pack has a bug.
Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...

Xietao

Just tried your suggestion with the attached behavior, to the following directory:
stencylworks/behaviors/Motion/Actor/Bounce off Wall.png

but no luck, any suggestions
Strange, I've tried and work fine (Windows, Linux)
Free Time:
Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 13h
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday: 7h
Loving Linux...