Stencyl 3.4.0 is now out. Get it now!

Free Game Assets: Updated Regularly

indiegamedesigner

2D Game Tiles Tutorial - Learn how to make seamless tile sets!

Click here to view the tutorial & download the free art pack.

This week, I'll be showing you how I make my seamless tile sets including complex shapes like angles and corner joints.

Tutorial Tuesdays!!

Innes

I'm enjoying your tutorials (and artwork). I know how hard it is to keep up the momentum on a project like this, and I'd like you to know that your hard work is appreciated.

Best regard,
Innes
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

indiegamedesigner

Thanks Innes, good to know that what I'm doing is appreciated by seasoned pros like yourself!

indiegamedesigner

Characters Teaser

This is a little unfinished preview of what my free characters are going to look like.

I've designed the body shape / animations so that my characters can be used in side scrolling games and defence/battle games where they need to cover vertical terrain.

I'll be releasing each character in packs:

- Parts only; Separated and ready for customisation & animation
- Standard walk, run, jump, fight, die, etc.
- Separate special deaths; fire, electrocution, etc
- Separate special moves for heros
- Separate weapon / clothing / upgrade packs

The original vectors will be included, as always.

With a little effort, you should be able to customise the characters in your favourite vector program quite easily so that your game does not look too generic with stock characters - possibly a good subject for a tutorial in the future.

I just started working on my free character sets this week but should have the first packs for a hero and some villains posted on Monday - let me know what characters you'd like in my game asset suggestions blog post and I'll add the most popular suggestions to my work list for future characters.

indiegamedesigner

Game Power Ups

Potions, blast, star, ice, lightning, shield, heart, 1up, health, fire & 2x

Click here to visit the download page.

indiegamedesigner

Blue Knight Game Character - Parts, Weapons & Facial Expressions

Individual PNG limbs, weapons & facial expressions, ready to animate - original vector file included for customisation.

I'm working on a load of free PNG animations for the blue knight as well - walk, fight, idle, jump, die, specials, etc.

I'll be adding the download links to the animations on the Blue Knight Game Character page once they are done - check my Twitter for updates on the animation releases.

More knight characters and some Ork villains are next!!!

TwistedIdentity

Game Power Ups

Potions, blast, star, ice, lightning, shield, heart, 1up, health, fire & 2x

Thanks for this!! Good for a project I have for this summer!
My Critter Android http://bit.ly/1gJyUs4
TI's FB Page: http://on.fb.me/1ijla4Y
Deadly Space Boss Arena 2: http://goo.gl/KIuowG

Follow me on Twitter: @jettas88

Blogscol

Anyone know what happened to the owner of http://www.openstockproject.com/

Not published one month ago new designs. your tutorials are very good and easy to learn for people with no design knowledge as I

ahmadoweda

I was following this topic but I don't know why he suddenly disappeared

acp

I don't suppose there is a way to get these without going through the ad servers?

Innes

I don't suppose there is a way to get these without going through the ad servers?

You can wait 5 seconds and click on "Skip Ad".

Presumably, the creator of these assets is releasing them free of charge, on the basis that he gains income from the ads. Bypassing the ads would deprive him of that income.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

Majime

Why are all of these redirecting to phishing sites and malware downloads? Reporting all of your posts