Included Run and Gun Kit

Pixel Pusher

The Reload Scene on Death behavior or something is not reloading the scene when the players health is depleted. The screen just sits there. Worked in previous 2.0

I've tried several things to get it to reload but to no avail. It's also a problem in Goldman's Adventure, and my Retro Action RPG Kit using similar logic or possibly the same.

Edit
The last version these worked right that I recall was with 1.41 (b415)

Stevetheipad

The Reload Scene on Death behavior or something is not reloading the scene when the players health is depleted. The screen just sits there. Worked in previous 2.0

I've tried several things to get it to reload but to no avail. It's also a problem in Goldman's Adventure, and my Retro Action RPG Kit using similar logic or possibly the same.
Never heard of this. It'd be nice to see like a video or something of how it's not working and how you've got your game set up.

Pixel Pusher

The included Run and Gun wasn't modified as far as I know. But it worked fine before with nothing being changed. (I'm assuming nothing was changed to the game).

Just load up the RnG and get hit enough to die then player blows up and the screen just idles.

Stevetheipad

The included Run and Gun wasn't modified as far as I know. But it worked fine before with nothing being changed. (I'm assuming nothing was changed to the game).

Just load up the RnG and get hit enough to die then player blows up and the screen just idles.
So you included that example project in your game? Or you modified that version to fit your game?

I see that the example is working, but I don't see why that would change.

Pixel Pusher

I'm using 2.2 and doesn't seem to be working.

Stevetheipad

I'm using 2.2 and doesn't seem to be working.
Hmmm....I'm not sure then.

Joe

Can you post a screenshot of the Behavior?

Pixel Pusher

The dying in a pit works when health is depleted.

I've tried using Recycle self in the Health behavior under tookDamage and the scene reloads (but with hovering bullets that shouldn't be there). Perhaps it's something to do with the health behavior...

Here is the behavior layout (simple enough to type out)

--------------------------------------
when [healthDepleted] happens
 - do after [delay #] seconds
 - - fade out for fade time then fade in
--------------------------------------

This doesn't seem to be hearing healthDepleted somehow or soemthing.

Lourdman

Hello, i have the same issue in version 2.2(b502).
You can put the "fade out, fade it" out the "do after" instead.

But i confirm that the "do after" doesn't work proprely (8 September 2012).

nextseto

The 'jumper' actor does not respawn when killed.

Stencyl 2.2 (b502)

shape5hifter

I'm seeing the same thing in 3.2.   This example ("Run and Gun Example Game") came with the Stencyl installation and the behavior "Reload Scene on Death" does not work - if the player dies the scene does not reload and the only way to restart is to close and restart the game.

creeponradio

I finally figured out how to fix it somewhat. In 'Reload scene after death' remove "do after delay seconds" and lock "when healthdepleted happens" with "fade out for fade out time secs, then reload fade in for fade in time secs" together.