Marcumgames art

BlazingRiver

Are you using a tablet? If not it make drawing a whole lot easier ;). Im using the Wacom Bamboo Fun.

ipe 369

I have a tablet aswell, but i can't seem to get used to it :P Probably cos i'm a lousy drawer anyway, any tutorials on anything? or just some tips :/ I need to get used to outlining pixelarts, that's my weak spot :)

BlazingRiver

I have a tablet aswell, but i can't seem to get used to it :P Probably cos i'm a lousy drawer anyway, any tutorials on anything? or just some tips :/ I need to get used to outlining pixelarts, that's my weak spot :)

Well normally when i look at the tablet doesn't look as good and the lines aren't joined up or anything so i recommend to look at the screen. Also i recommend to make the opacity of the pencil a bit lighter and sketch roughly (it doesnt matter how many lines you draw) then i make a new layer and go over it with the pen tool (i use illustrator or photoshop. Illustrators good for vectors that don't get pixelated.) Im not sure about pixel art.

ipe 369

If anything i'd probably do a rough sketch then pixel over :P
Normally i look at the screen too :D i suppose it just takes a bit of getting used to :)

benjamino59

Great Marcum!
I´m glad to see that you moved on from our project. Try to look up Blob´s Spriting Everything videos on Youtube, and paint the same things as him, as you watch the videos (don´t just make exact copies of his drawings, but use the same techniques as him). Also, try to make vector art, I use Inkscape.

marcumgames

Thanks ben, I will look up those tutorials! 
I own Marcum Games

marcumgames

I drew what i call a drunk knome!
I own Marcum Games

ipe 369

Oh i like the drunk gnome, his beard looks a little off centre though. I like it :) ALso transparent background -_-

marcumgames

Yeah, the drunk knome was just something i drew from being bored. :P it was a long car ride.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:33:44 am by marcumgames »
I own Marcum Games

Nihao57

Relax life with friv

Silux

i use heavily inkscape for art.
It takes a while to get used but results are very pro like.

Currently working at:
Starwarrior 2097(my main project)
How to make successful games in Kongregate and the world(article)

ipe 369

Aha, love silux's art...
The red one, top right, the gradient looks wrong, a ship doesn't have it's shadows like that, makes it look like a cardboard cut out. Love the blue ones though

vikingpotato

how old are you marcum

ipe 369

----
----
Hehey, 14 broski ^_^
DON'T JUDGE ME I CAN'T FIND THE QUOTE BUTTON BECAUSE THE SCROLLING <M< IS DISTRACTING ME
What does it even do anyway...HOLY FRICK I'm usin' that now.