Resize Background

EfrenStudios

Hi,

I looked in stencylpedia and forums and I don't see any clue of how to make this or if is even posibble.

Is there a way to modify the size of the background?

My screen size is 640x480, but I don't want to have a background with the same size (I want to optimize the most I can, because my game have a lot of backgrounds). 

When I am on design mode the background is just what I want, its resized to match to the screen size.  But when I run the game, the background is not resized and gets repited (I have the "Repeat Background?" box unchecked).

Here are some screenshots about it.

How can I resize the background at my will?  Or at least to match to the screen size?

I hope anyone could help me.
Everything is good if have pixel art on it...

GeoPro

If its doing that it means its too short for your screen size.
You can either go into your game settings and change the screen to match or edit the background in whatever you kade it it in by adding more sky above it or something.

EfrenStudios

Yes, is too short for the screen, that is intentional (half-size).  So, does the background size have to macth always with the screen size? 

Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems not very optimal.  I just wonder if there is a way to keep the escene just as I saw it in the design mode.

NexusxAlpha

Hi,

I looked in stencylpedia and forums and I don't see any clue of how to make this or if is even posibble.

Is there a way to modify the size of the background?

My screen size is 640x480, but I don't want to have a background with the same size (I want to optimize the most I can, because my game have a lot of backgrounds). 

When I am on design mode the background is just what I want, its resized to match to the screen size.  But when I run the game, the background is not resized and gets repited (I have the "Repeat Background?" box unchecked).

Here are some screenshots about it.

How can I resize the background at my will?  Or at least to match to the screen size?

I hope anyone could help me.

Maybe change in the settings to 2x or 4x?

ipe 369

Problem with that is you'll have to modify the whole scene, it'll zoom it all in

vikingpotato

Why don't try using an actor which you set to behave like a background.... You will get all controls you want

EfrenStudios

Yes, I see no real answer to this, maybe is just a stencyl limitation and there is no way to make it work as I want.  Too bad  :-\

But your recommendation is actually pretty vikingpotato.  I was actually worried for the amount of memory used for so huge backgrounds, but it seems that putting actors is less consuming that a huge background.

Regardless... you right, I have more control on them and I can even use them in other ways.

Thanks!

manaskk

if i'm designing all my game scenes in 640 x 480 for now , when i export the game can i export it to fit "universal screens" . or i can only export my game to 640 X 480 ?