Sound only works when published

ozz

I recently added sound to my game, but no matter how I rigged the snippet it wouldn’t play, then I published remembering the missing graphic bug and sure enough there was the sound.  This makes it slow going to set up the audio properly, is there any way to hear it during normal tests?

Reashu

Does this happen with every sound you add?

You might be able to get it in by closing and reopening the game, or restarting Stencyl.

ozz

I've only added on sound so far, but if it works publish it should work in a test and I have tried several variations of restarting, including deleting and rebuilding the snippet three times.

ozz

I hate to double post, but even after reuploading the sound and countless restarts of the program this problem persists.

Joe

Try using a different sound and let us know if it works then.

ozz

I Tested five difrent MP3s, not including the non 44.1khz ones SW rejected outright, none of them worked during tests.

ozz

Roughly five minuets ago the audio randomly started working.  I say randomly because I haven't done anything related to the sound since my last post and even though I've been runing tests all day it works now... i have no exsplantion, but it's pretty wierd.