A few stupid questions

Ericzander

Hey everyone!  I'm brand new to this flash stuff, I used to mess around with game maker but stopped that completely several months ago, and now I'm checking this software out!  Anyway I have a few, extremely noobish questions to ask.

1. How do I make it so that there's an interaction when colliding with an object (Or NPC)?  For example I want my main character to walk up to a NPC, touch it and then have a conversation start where he says something in a text box and then maybe I'll say something in a text box.  Also how would I have it so that I can do something like "Press Space to continue" or "Click anywhere to continue" to advance to the next text box.

2. Is there any way, as of now, to put cutscenes into this program?  If so how would I go about doing this after certain events?

3. I don't really understand how the example games work.  I can't stab anything in the RPG one or get anybody to talk in the RPG Town and Dialog one.

4. How would I make it so that pressing a button changes the scene?

Basically what I want is when the game starts for there to be a loading menu, then for there to be a NEW GAME/LOAD GAME option.  Then when the game starts I want there to be a cutscene with characters talking and you press a button to continue (Like in pokemon or Zelda games.)  That's my biggest concern is being able to move the story along that way.

Thanks in advance for any help that you guys may give!

Reashu

1) To learn about collisions, go through the Crash Course and Design Mode intro, both available from Help > Help Center.

2) There is a resource pack called Cutscenes which provides a lot of tools to do this. There's also an example game using the pack called Cutscene example game and a Guide to cutscenes.

3) For the example games, try using X or Z.

4) Find the Scene Switching Pack in the forge.

If you have a lot of short questions, you should try finding help in the chat. If you do make more topics, try choosing a more descriptive title - if you can't, you should probably be making several topics and split the question(s).

Ericzander

Thank you for all your help!  However, I can't find the pack "cutscenes" anywhere.  I went to the Resource Pack tab, then I typed cutscene into the search, then cutscenes. I also just searched around but couldn't find it.

Reashu

If you go to the "Home" view of the Forge and press the "See All -->" link near the middle of the screen, it should show up as one of the first packs.