[SOLVED]A few newb questions

cman

I just started using stencyl and I have a few questions:
1.) Is there a way to bypass making behaviours, like when you create an actor it just pops up with a code box (after you have given it a sprite of course). I find that making behaviors is very inefficient and slow.
2.) Is there like an advanced mode so that I can skip the drag and drop for making behaviors.
3.) Does stencyl have box2D built in?
4.) Can I use random flash libraries? (flashpunk, flixel ETC.).
Thank!

« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:43:13 am by cman »

Reashu

... So you're using Stencyl as "Free Adobe Flash without vectors"?

When creating a behavior, you can choose "Code mode" instead of "Design mode". Both Flixel and Box2D are built in. As for including other libraries, I have no idea though I would wager that the answer is "yes".

Alexin

1) No. The creation of an actor and its behavior are separate. You have to combine manually.
2) Select the mode "Code Mode" when creating a behavior. It allows you to program directly in AS3. FYI, you can also inject code into Design Mode behaviors, using a code block.
3) Box2D is integrated in Stencyl's engine.
4) By default, Flixel, Box2D and the Flex library are available. Further support for arbitrary libraries is in the roadmap.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

cman

Ok I should have read the rules for posting first but these questions are all related so I think it is okay.

Thank you for your replies. I am glad its got flixel built in because otherwise I might have gone berserk (but I would probably use stenyl anyways).
Well I am glad I can use code a bit. I would like to see better code integration.

Alexin

I would like to see better code integration.
In the roadmap.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com