Bugongo - Sponsored and Released! :)

havana24

Play on Stencyl Arcade
Play on Kongregate
Play on Newgrounds (with medals)
Play on ArmorGames

Trailer: Bugongo Trailer on Youtube

Bugongo is a platform game where the player plays as a little green dragon who tries to chase and defend his egg from the dangerous green hills of his world!
Main feature of the game is that the player will not control only Bugongo but even the egg, that will roll without stopping through the various levels!
  • 20+ addicting Levels
  • 57 hidden Golden Eggs
  • 15 unlockable Medals
  • 3 Egg's Power Up
  • Giant Bosses
  • Global Leaderboard and single leaderboard for each level!

I'm so excited, this is my first game with Stencyl. :)
Now the game is under judgement and playable through FlashGameLicense (You can play it if you have an account) because I'm trying to get a sponsor!
Feel free to leave a comment below, let me know what do you think! :)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 05:28:50 am by havana24 »
My Website: www.havana24.net

Hectate

Awesome job here, this is a very well done game. I wish you the best sponsorship you can get because this gem deserves it. If I'm reading your FGL page correctly as well - good luck with the mobile versions too!

A quick bug I did randomly notice was that if you click away from the main menu, the eyeball-piece that follows the mouse might escape from the eye itself because it doesn't pause when the rest of the game does. You might want to enable pausing on that actor or find a different way to restrict it's movement.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

havana24

Thank you Hectate, I'm glad that you like it! :)

I will fix this bug as soon as possible! ;)

misterjones

Incredible job, here.  The game "gimmick" is a great idea.  I love that you can have the egg slow down when desired, and that not only can you run ahead and protect the egg from villainy, but you can use a power-up to allow the egg to protect itself.

Playing as a little green lizard, accompanied by a trailing green-spotted egg, that can discover secret areas behind walls that dissolve brings me back to the good ol' days of Yoshi's Island.

I played this on the 6th, shortly after you posted, and loved it.  It is now the 10th, and I couldn't help but notice that I hadn't seen anything of this thread since you responded to Hectate.  This is criminal; this game is so good!  So, I felt that you needed another positive comment, and a thread bump.

I hope your sponsorship goes well!

--mister. jones

Pixel Pusher

Wow, very nice. I'm only on stage one but the game plays very smooth.  I'll play some more then rate it at FGL. I forgot I already signed up there a bit back.

The graphics are smooth, and the style as a whole fit together nicely.
The music is good too. I've heard Mclouds songs before in one of my other pals games.

Very professional feel it has. It's your first game with Stencyl, but I'm assuming you have made more before. :)

havana24

@misterjones thanks for the bump! :)
I'm glad that you like it, but you have missed a thing: Bugongo is a little green lizard without arms... much more powerfull! ahah :D

@Pixel Pusher, yes, it's my first game made with stencyl... before I've made a  couple of games and demos with rpgmaker! :)

kerl

Beautiful art! I haven't completed yet, Does the egg have many powers? something appealing for the player would be an informative panel with enigmatic descriptions of these powers.
Maybe the first stage/tutorial should contain more obstacles, I felt like playing more and more from stage 3

rahulmartin

Great game dude , good luck with the sponsership  :D

vikingpotato

This is clean and cool stuff! looks fun! i wish u success!

misterjones

@havana24: No problem!  Haha, fair enough -- without arms and without boots!

havana24

Thanks @vikingpotato and @rahulmartin! :)

@kerl yes, the egg has 3 power-up! :)
Instead of more obstacles I think that I will make the first level a bit shorter in the next update. ;)

havana24

Hi guys, finally Bugongo has found a sponsor and it was released!  :D
You can play the game on Stencyl arcade, Kongregate and Newgrounds (see the first post)!

Let me know what do you think! :)

Alessandro

froz

Played the first level - I love it. It's really good, very polished. Now I'm going back to play other levels :).

havana24

Thank you froz:)

havana24