Id like to make a pacman game

aimelesrondes

Hello id like to make a pacman game. Ive searched at first the search box with the keyword "pacman" and i did not find an answer. So here is my problem. The behaviour of my pacman is ok, but when it collide a tileset "specially a corner" the pacman begin to turn "even with the check box clicked or not". After when i press one of the arrow of the keyboard the pacman dont face the direction. Ive tryed to put the tileset and pacman at the same number of pixels, most of the time it get stuck some place. Ive tryed the tileset wall the size in pixel is bigger then the pacman also. One way or an other the pacman when it touch a tileset square that block it do some unwanted facing direction.

My other question about pacman is the ghosts that should not go outside of the scene, they should also not pass trough walls, they should pass over the dots and super dots that pacman eat without making them dissapear. The ghost could be eat for an amount of time when pacman eat the super dots. Pacman should be able to go out of the scene and enter the same scene from a choosen place.

Well you have an idea of all the questions steps and the logics of the game i want to do and understand. That even other peoples that want to make a pacman style game want to know!

Exploring the stencyl free software, ive got to say stencyl is on the good track at this time. Beside other free softwares to create your own free games. I dont want to name the bad soft i have tryed, by respect of the peoples that made those bad soft.

Thank's for your time!

dtrungle

You should spend a couple of days doing all of the tutorials in the Help tab on the site. Check out the extras at the bottom left panel as well, the ones made by Abigayl (something like this). Follow it and look/experiment with the codes/blocks. Once you do that, you should be able to what you want easily. Another thing, for your 'stuck' problem, I would suggest you use rounded collision boxes and/or make the pixel movement using defined accurate lengths.

Example, if the height of the two paths going up and down are 100 pixels each and pacman starts at 0 pixels, make his movement shift by 10 so that you would always end at 0 or 100 instead of 1/99/101 which would cause pacman to be stuck.

For the ghosts, it's basically the same idea except now you have to create a feature of locating pacman and seeking him out using the best route.

regaiegslim

this is an example of pacman game that i have made that you can download the project file from stencylforge.
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/28718

Photics

I dont want to name the bad soft i have tryed, by respect of the peoples that made those bad soft.

I laughed at this. :D
Michael Garofalohttp://photics.com – Author of The Interactive Stencyl Textbook 8)

123aliza

is there a way of making the enemys go everywhere in stencyl

merrak

is there a way of making the enemys go everywhere in stencyl

There are several ways to interpret that question. Are you trying to get actor movement working? Implement pathfinding or other AI?