Anyone willing to create a small project with me?

PressXtoNotDie

I think it is about time I work with another person, so I can get a feel what it is like in a team. Mostly it would motivate me to finish a project, as I wouldn't want to let the other person down.

It is basically a side project type of thing, since I am studying and all. A very small project would be preferred.

I am looking for someone almost in the same 'boat' as me, someone who has small to decent time to work on something, and it wouldn't be a rush to finish it. We can basically take our time on this, and work on it when we have the free time. This is mainly why I choose we do a very small game. But on weekends I am completely free, and can get a lot done.

I can do graphics and programming and If you look at my current projects, you can see what I am capable of:

The first one shows off my art (There isnt much done as it is new), the second shows off my programming skills (This is an A.I. Demo)

Hopeless (Scroll down to the second post)
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,13009.0.html

Shadow Space
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,10073.0.html

The main reason I want to do this, is because I need a small project to work on along side my big/main project so I don't get burnt out. And also in the real world i need to know what it is like to work with others on a project.

If you are serious about this, and won't drop out half way though, drop a comment!
Also post some work you have done to give me an idea what you can do.

lazyboygames

I get bored with games all the time  :P I believe I have failed like 4 in a row now. Oh well... I am about to finish my second so at least I will end the streak.

Anyway I have limited time do to studying, and might be of assistance. If you need help with anything just PM me. I could usually do stuff on the weekends.

PressXtoNotDie

Yeah i have a few as well lol. What is your first game you made btw? Also are you good with graphics or the programming? Also your situation would be perfect, as we can just work on it on the weekend.

It would also be a joint project (We both come up with ideas for the game, etc. etc.) If you are interested in that.

ipe 369

Be happy to program for you, and do a little pixelart, but i must warn you i'm not brilliant at pixelart (I have recently started practising though)

lazyboygames

I can code in Stencyl pretty well, and my pixel art has gotten decent. So I guess both. My first game with Stencyl was 'The Toy Factory'. It is a simple platformer I made when I was learning how to use Stencyl. If you wish to do vector graphics I might not be of too much help on the art side.

We could brainstorm an idea unless you have something in mind. I am open to whatever.

PressXtoNotDie

If you guys are interested, us three could form a team and work on this together?

It would be all pixel art, since that's what I can do. I haven't really thought of much ideas, and this project would be a small one, something we can actually get done.

You guys have any ideas?

Small rpg? Platform game? Top down shooter?
Maybe a top down shooter where waves of enemies come at you, and you have to survive for as long as possible.
I'm sure you guys can think of something better haha

ipe 369

I always like the idea of a platformy wave type game.. You're in a field (or whatever) And ozmbie come attack you. You shoot them to earn money and with the money you buy guns and buy blocks which you can place to make castles etc (The blocks have physics, so zombies can attack them and knock your castle down)
But i'm not bothered, i can do that myself if you like and we can work on something else togehter :)

Also i'd love to work in a 3 :)

wonman321

Iam an 2D artist/ leader of the evilwater team. Iam interested by the ideas of your 2nd project (TD spaceship).
If u dont mind. Join us. we can make your game come real
PM me: wonman321@yahoo.com

ipe 369

Oh sorry if this sounds picky and annoying, but you two can do it, i don't wanna work under someone, rather with someone :P

wonman321

Oh, i just offer to help all of u

BindOnAccount

I really like the look of Hopeless. Id like to help you but i guess i am still "learning".

wonman321

If u want to make the Shadow space project. I ll help u. Just contact me.

PressXtoNotDie

Hey guys sorry I haven't replied, little busy atm with studies.

'Hopeless' and 'Shadow Space' are projects I want to do solo, they are like my little babies that I don't want anyone else to help raise for fear of being misguided..... if you know what I mean XD

@ipe 369 It wouldn't be something you would work under, but it would be working with, everyone comes up with the ideas, everyone shares thoughts, inputs, directions etc. But if you don't want to that's ok =)

ridhwaan08

I sent you a pm did you get it? ???
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

ipe 369

No no pressx, i was responding to wonman :) I'm happy to work with you, but i read wonman's previous post about young devs joining a team and it sounded like work, and i don't like work. Working on a game isn't work. Working on a game, if you think about it, is the ultimate artform. Coding for hours on end or level desigining some levels for work experience isn't my cup of tea (No offence intended wonman)