Anyone willing to create a small project with me?

ipe 369

Barely anything, got the snipers done and dusted but lost a lot of motivation.

PressXtoNotDie

The thing about this project was to take our time and take a really long time to complete it, and spend little time as possible to work on it, as to not burn out so quickly. Don't even think about this project for a few days/week or whatever and come back with a fresh mind. This is more like a side, side project for all of us, so a deadline does not matter at all. could be a month, could be 2 years. How ever long it takes us.

I still do want to work on this, but I am taking my time, and trying not to worry about getting much done, which is still making me want to finish this in the end. I am surprisingly not burnt out/lost interest from this project yet, since I haven't done much yet.

it's the reason why I haven't produced any thing for a while, but I still have the energy, and will get to drawing when I feel like I am in the mood for it.

Also I am learning 3D games from scratch just using pure java (with eclipse IDE) and it is going pretty well so far, so that is taking a little bit of my time as well. (Also does anyone know a good library or whatever it's called, cause right now my programs are not using the graphic card, and FPS is pretty low for not doing so)

ipe 369

Hah, i've pretty much burnt out ;) Well, lost motivation anyway. It'll come back.
NO KIDDING!! I was learning 3D java in eclipse too! That's why stencyl took my so long ^_^ what are you using? If you've coded it all from scratch, i can pretty much call you a god, but i doubt that (no offense) :P I got pretty far, it was an fps game and you could move and look around, but the looking around went wrong :( Either way, now i'm working with 2d. But, i'd love to go back to 3d. maybe we could do a project together? like a side, side, side project ;)

PressXtoNotDie

Well, when I say scratch, I mean learning from tutorials, then starting again and trying to do it off my head. I basically got to the stage where I draw an infinite floor and ceiling, with flat textures, can move around with keyboard and mouse, crouch, jump. Also a render distance limiter (Fog) But that's about it. Drawing walls and collision is going to be a damn pain in the ass..... Not sure where to start lol. Also it is not very efficient and runs at 30 fps with just that. Adding textures or models is going to kill it to like 1 fps lol.

Getting a library for eclipse/java that utilizes the graphics card seems the way to go. Don't know where to start there either haha.

Well maybe one day where I feel comfortable with writing it all from scratch I'll be up for it

ipe 369

i used java3d. it's pretty cool. Google it :) I heard jogl is pretty good

lazyboygames

I have enough to where I could attach the art for the robots. I haven't been working to vigorously on this game, but have done stuff here and there. You can send me art whenever your done, and I will put it in the game.

Also let's talk, and send stuff through email now. No need to take up forum space.

PressXtoNotDie

For the stuff unrelated to the game, yeah we should talk through other means.

But I think for related stuff and updates, it is easier to talk here I think, since all three of us can see it at once

Also ipe java3d is no longer developed, supported and updated any more I suggest looking at jMonkeyEngine, I haven't used it but it looks good, and it is also it's own IDE and looks very much like eclipse.

ipe 369

i know it's no longer developed, but i'm indie FAGGOTS MUAHAHA (i'm joking i hate people who say they're indie... ) I'm using torque3d atm, it's written in c#, but it's ok because i can ask marcumgames for help if it get stuck :D it's open source, take a look :)

lazyboygames

Press X do you have any animations done?

rahulmartin

you guys chat over thread ? ciuooool

ipe 369

Yeah, it is cool, COS WE'RE INDIE <3

PressXtoNotDie

I would have said yes, if my hard drive didn't crash, and didn't have to get a new one... I had the giant robot smashing his arms, and also that little one, the one that you said wanted to look like a virus, done. Well now I'll have to do them again, but since I've already done it, it shouldn't take too long to do it again, I'll have one of them up within a few days I hope.

So. Damn. Angry.

Remember kids: BACKUP. EVERYTHING. EVERY SECOND.

lazyboygames

Yeah I use Dropbox...Sucks man.

PressXtoNotDie

Ergh sorry to let you guys down with not having anything, but once again my computer crapped itself. Not only did the hard drive stuff up, but now alot of the things inside have stopped working, mostly because all i have is a laptop and it is about 3-4 years old (It still run new games on it though!), it seems because everything has overheated too much, for too long (I play games on it, since it's all i have) and laptop fans are not really that good, and it gets hot quick when I play games.

So I won't have a computer for a little bit, but possibly i could at least start something on someone else that i knows computer maybe. No guarantee though.

I hope you guys are not rushing to get this done, since this was a small side, side project anyway.

lazyboygames

I am ready when you have the art done. Its okay since I have other projects I am working on as well, so you can take your time.

Also I am pretty sure ipe has left...