ideas for stencyl 3.1

ipe 369

Aha, i copied into notebook. :P
Poor guy :( ;)

ridhwaan08

all I did was quote Irock's words and and then remove the font size effect that he put in ;)

like this-small

and big
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

Alexin

This is ridiculous.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

ipe 369

Don't be silly. As long as you say the idea is yours, nobody can copy it. Genius.

marcumgames

1. If you can't code a better stencyl then don't give criticism that's unasked for!

2. You should not suggest HUGE features,  They most likely will be included and there will be a million of the same suggestions.

3. Really, You can't take credit for an idea on here stencyl has a copyright and you don't own that copy right, Do you, so really its not YOUR idea it may be your suggestion, but the devs have most likely already thought of it.

Please take notice to this post BEFORE posting a suggestion.
I own Marcum Games

irock

1. If you can't code a better stencyl then don't give criticism that's unasked for!
Wrong. If a person who creates anything goes around with this stubborn mentality, they're going to find it hard to improve very much. Feedback is important, and you don't have to know how to program to know when there's something you don't like about Stencyl— the same goes for games, music and everything else.

marcumgames

I am talking about the feed back that is, "Dang this thing is so cruddy, I could make something better than this!" or getting requests for something that so advanced or expensive and then giving bad feed back because it didn't have voice recognition in the new version! yes feed back is very important if you say " dude you should add this" Not -Voice recognition
                                                      -Thought recognition
                                                      -make it so that it does it for me, and i dont have to be creative at all.

I think that drop and drag things like stencyl is good for begginers and hobbyists but not for people getting a career in game development. I will soon not be using stenyl anymore because i'm learning C#, and will be using XNA which is a real IDE. stencyl is good but does not take as much knowledge which can be good! just not making people think that you can use D&D to make a Call of duty remake which they had me thinking that before i really understood how games are made! I have nothing against using stencyl, i just prefer more professional tools. I think that stencyl is one of the best flash game makers out there, and is very good for young, beginner devlopers, just not professional programmers.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:24:38 am by marcumgames »
I own Marcum Games

irock

Who said "Dang this thing is so cruddy, I could make something better than this!"? And the only person who made an unrealistic request was clearly joking.

marcumgames

I know he was joking. and stencyl is already so phenomenal in what an easy SDK can do no one has a right to call it cruddy, But i am not talking just stencyl users, im trying (and obviously failng to) make a point to the idiots of the intrernet. I think i just made no sense so i'll shut up now :P
I own Marcum Games

irock

But they have a right to say whatever they want.

marcumgames

Yes they do  I am just annoyed by the "Thats MY idea And you copied it!" they wont get credit for the idea anyways why should they care WHO suggested it!
I own Marcum Games

ipe 369

Tell ya what, if you can make call of duty in c#, then i'll pay ya a million dollars.
Not saying it's not possibly in c#, might be, not sure... But someone who says you need to have a 'proper IDE' To make a decent game sounds pretty screwed to me.

rob1221

I think that stencyl is one of the best flash game makers out there, and is very good for young, beginner devlopers, just not professional programmers.

Why not?  There are plenty of popular games that could be made in Stencyl.  Besides, you ARE a beginner developer.

ipe 369

I'm gonna go ahead and agree with rob on this one. Mainly because i agree with what he's saying, but also because his avatar looks cool.

Alexin

Quote from: marcumgames
I think that drop and drag things like stencyl is good for begginers and hobbyists but not for people getting a career in game development. I will soon not be using stenyl anymore because i'm learning C#, and will be using XNA which is a real IDE. stencyl is good but does not take as much knowledge which can be good!

You may want to learn a bit more about programming, in general, and software development before learning C# and using XNA (simply another Integrated Development Environment).

I've been programming for twelve years and I think Stencyl's Code/Freeform modes are excellent for "business logic", without the hassle of a complete framework.

You really are missing Stencyl's strength.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com