ideas for stencyl 3.1

coleislazy

In your example, the attribute will increment every update (different than frames, about 10ms). What would you like it to do instead?

ChristianEs

In your example, the attribute will increment every update (different than frames, about 10ms). What would you like it to do instead?

i want it to increment just once, i know there are ways to do this with booleans or putting the block on "when created" etc, but i think it would be better to just placing a "stop" block when you want the code stop  running on always,  and then you can put more code on the same "always" if you want without the stop block and that part can run forever,
it could be neccesary in some complicated or long behaviours.

but its just some small suggestion, if they can add it , fine , if they cant no problem :)

coleislazy

That is what custom events are for. Or the "created" event. "Always" is generally not the place for one-off logic. I think using a "stop" block in this way would be far more confusing that helpful.

irock

I don't have the vaguest idea as to what you're suggesting, christian.

jenyafio100

and few other ideas:
*create exetions
*new attrubities for from your libary behaivors like:
 *back and forth with animations
 *jump and run movement with the jumping sound
 *camera follow and gird camera follow has offsets (camera follow by pixels and grid camera follow by grid space.)

jenyafio100

why is people so rude in this thread?, lol
anyways, i dont think this is possible but:

*a "create tile" block or "kill tile" block.

edit, i just realised that the next suggestion is similar to the one from the guy above me but im still going to say it.

* there should be a  "stop"  block to be used on "always" but not only under "loop" so if you put on always  for example do after 5 seconds increment number by 1, then stop.... then you can continue with another code on always that runs forever and some that dont. it would be like a boolean i mean the computer (lol i dont know how to say it) checks if there is a stop block just like it checks if a condition on a boolean is false, and that way you dont need to make lots of booleans on a big behaviour.
create tile form "tileset" at x "number" y "number" with ID: "number"
kill tile at x "number" y "number"
these are the spec of these blocks

ipe 369

I have just had an idea, not sure if it's possible, might not be, but make the code preview lines match up with the real lines so you know where the error is in you custom code