Forge sound player shouldn't pause itself.

NobodyX

When you click outside the flash game that previews StencylForge sounds, Flixel pauses itself, meaning that it is impossible to listen to a piece of music while doing anything else. It would be much better if it did not pause itself.

Jon

We're probably going to deprecate this approach since it's too time-consuming to do. It would just make more sense to play the file directly and not go through a game.

Darkhog

Jon, but for sound playing some JREs (like IcedTea) have troubles with accessing devices, so maybe you could use flash for playing sound/music file in background instead of java calls because it won't work everywhere.

I mean not flixel player but simple flash app which would be designed (and ran inside SW) to work similar as zippyshare player for mp3s. This'll make sure that built-in sound playback will work everywhere no matter which JRE you using. This will be also good excuse to learn how to embed flash applet directly into java app, so we won't need to invoke external app (flash player) to preview game in future versions of Stencyl.

And yeah, I tried to install Oracle JVM, but it still won't have sound even though I've installed packages for sound.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Jon

How the music is played is irrelevant to the discussion. I'm just saying that building a "game" to play a music file is a bad idea that doesn't scale.