8-bit stings

SquareNote

Hi everyone,

I'm just getting started with my plans to upload music on StencylForge--hopefully the first set of many. My first pass will be a collection of very short (like, under 10 seconds each) stings in 8-bit NES style. I'm using a midiNES, which directly accesses a working NES sound chip for maximum authenticity and nostalgia!

These stings could be useful for game events like acquiring a power-up, completing a level, game over, showing a hi-score screen, and things like that. I'll also include some very very short clips for menu UI sounds.

After that I'll probably do some 1-minute loops for background or menu music.

The collection of stings should go up sometime over the next couple of days depending on when I have a free hour or two to package them all up--I'll reply here when I upload them.

This is just the beginning from me. I have some orchestral stuff too I'll probably release.

thanks,
SquareNote

Darkhog

Could you make some music for Adventure Cavern? Right now it uses straight rips from Adventure Island, except for main menu and level 4 music. I'd like something AI-styled, but not from AI.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

SquareNote

Let me get some generic stuff up first and then I'll start looking at contributing to specific projects. I'll take a look at Adventure Cavern though and see if I have anything written already that I can expand on!

SquareNote

Ok, they're up. There's a resource pack called 8bit Stings.