always atribute

wizopizo

Hello new to stencyl but on every tutorial there is the always attribute in the events section for actors or whatever else. My stencyl doesn't have the always button and i can't find it or figure out how to create it any help would be appreciated thank you.

tristonhopkins

I believe the tutorials are a bit outdated.  When you're making either a scene or actor behavior, when you click the Add Event button, it's Basics < When Updating.  You'll see that it's the "Always" block that the tutorials are referring to when the block gets added to the new event within the behavior.

wizopizo

thank you soooo much now i can actually do stuff besides the artwork haha, but still all the tutorials are outdated you are right and its very hard to try and figure this stuff out in stencyl now.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 10:56:57 am by wizopizo »

wizopizo

Hey I can't use the created button when I make the always one on, and there is only one button of always or create. Is there any way around this or will this hinder my game in any way?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2012, 03:04:17 am by wizopizo »

wizopizo

k ya my behaviors arn't attatching to my actor because there is nothing to configure, i guess i need the create button please help, then i should be good haha