Would really like some feedback ;-)

zerosimms

Hey all,

I've been a bit quiet on the Stencyl scene because I've had my head buried in my game. I finally feel as though it's coming together and I want to share it with you for feedback. You know what it's like, you spend so long on your game you convince yourself it's ok, but is it really?

So I would really like some feedback on my game, suggestions and ideas also. I've not finished all the animations yet so you'll see areas that look "blank" and there are some SFX missing... :-)
Anyway here's a video of the game running:

http://youtu.be/oj0vRKH70QY

I guess I should explain the game :-)
It's a fishing game, but with as much action as I can pack into it.

So it's all about timing and building up chains. If you drop TNT and it lands infront of a fish you'll be awarded a load of gems (if you catch them they increase your score), you also get XP but more importantly it starts to build your chain.

Your chain builds up which give you bigger and better "air support" weapons (think COD) the idea is, if your smart you can reserve your TNT and get away with using just air support. It's pretty challenging and action packed, or at least that's what I'm hoping!

Strasteo

Hello there, moved this topic to Game Ideas.

I like what you have here, in short. Very nice graphics and it looks pretty fun to play. Will the Octopus be the only one at the bottom, or are you thinking about changing up the scene a little like, say, using a Shark instead? That could be a nice touch, but not necessary.

Hope to see more. :]

ScottTykoski

Looks fun :)  I'd change the graphics of the things that flow up to the top that you have to dodge...make it more obvious that they'd damage you (spiked mines, perhaps?)

It also looks like the TNT could speed up as it travels downwards...right now, just from watching, I wanted it to go faster.

Good stuff! :)

rlc2405

Hi!
Looks like -arcade fun for me!
I think it will be great if at a certain moment, the octopus creature spread some oil around the screen; in a "mario kart style". :)

zerosimms

Hey guys,

Thanks for taking the time to reply :-)

I'm glad you feel it's an arcade game, that's what I want!

Im not sure about the shark, I tried it once before but had issues trying to make it look natural. I was thinking that the octopus may spit out a load of different objects to "break it up a bit"

I really like the idea of spikes on the barrels, I'll add that:-)

I actually increased the speed of the TNT dropping because I felt it was too slow, so glad someone else has backed me on that :-)

I'm hoping to do another video release today showing off the new graphics, I spent all of yesterday in bed converting my graphics to vector, I got influenced by Zelda Wind Walker and thought "I'll give it a go"

zerosimms

I've attached some screenshots of my latest progress. What ya think?

ridhwaan08

Looking good,Really good
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

zerosimms

Looking good,Really good

Thanks, is there anything that's not looking so good?

I've actually done a bit more since those screenshots:

StormyJet

Looking very good so far! Good work!

zerosimms

Thanks peeps! I'm happy you think it's looking good, never sure if I'm convincing myself its good when its not.

Hey, love the game, just wanted to give you a quick idea I had to improve it.

I would make the guy throw up a little less far. It's kindof weird for the items to actually go off the screen and then come back. I'd say make him throw about half as high as he does now.

Looks like you're making great progress!

- Thomas

zerosimms

Hey, love the game, just wanted to give you a quick idea I had to improve it.

I would make the guy throw up a little less far. It's kindof weird for the items to actually go off the screen and then come back. I'd say make him throw about half as high as he does now.

Looks like you're making great progress!

- Thomas
Thanks Thomas,I actually removed the guy and replaced him with a cannon when I re-did all the graphics, I think now the firing animation is much better. It feels more natural :-) Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liking the look of the game. I cant wait to release it properly!

AmberseyD

Two thumbs up for you on this! :)

gojo222

Great link and superb game..i feel very reliable after playing that game and i think if you people vote this game in the favour..is it + or - vote you should cast??my vote is +...what should you do??