Dangerous Dungeons!

AdventureIslands

Game is now fully released! Play it here: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/4102
Play the Christmas themed mini sequel Dangerous Christmas: http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/10134

Dangerous Dungeons is now available on Newgrounds, save your time attack times on the scoreboards and earn Medals!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/583201

Dangerous Dungeons is now available on Kongregate, save your time attack times on the scoreboards!
http://www.kongregate.com/games/AdventureIslands/dangerous-dungeons

The game also has a Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dangerous-Dungeons/230680046987264

Dangerous Dungeons tells us a story about Timmy, a little thief- err, treasure hunter, who has arrived to a deep and dark dungeon, ready to face the dangers inside to claim the biggest treasure in the world. DD Has been made to look and play like old classic platformers, so it can be quite challenging, watch out! Awesome music by KungFuFurby!

INSTRUCTIONS:

Use arrow keys to move and Z to jump.
Activate Switches and pick up keys by simply touching them.
Press R to restart a stage.
Press P to pause the game.
Press Esc to return to the main menu.

Doors in the stage selection open when you reach their corresponding stage the first time in either normal gameplay or Time Attack. The game will save between stages, so you can always continue your adventure later without losing progress!

Time Attack Mode:
If you choose Time Attack from the main menu, the game skips the intro and all cutscenes, and the game begins right away from the Stage 1. In this mode, a counter appears to the top right corner, and it will count how long it takes you to clear the game. Remember to take a print screen of your final clear time! Returning to main menu or entering secret stage the normal way will terminate your time so be careful!

Secret Stages:
The game has three hidden levels that are required to be beaten for you to reach the definitely final stage. You will receive hints how to find them after you beat Stage 30. These stages are not entered from doors, but by exiting the screen from the right area.

The game has won the Summer Game Jam 2011 contest!
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,1968.0.html

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 12:06:13 pm by AdventureIslands »

Darkhog

I am pretty good at making catchy names, but first I need to know about what you game will be.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Alexin

Nice and smooth! The collisions are a bit unforgiving though.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Hectate

Darkhog, the post is pretty clear as to the content of the game. Precision puzzle platformer,  with a protagonist that styles themselves as an adventurer but is little more than a very brave grave robber. Like Indiana Jones with a little bit of guilt.

Cool demo, it's got a lot of potential!
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

AdventureIslands

Thank you, I am currently adding more features like switches that open iron gates. I'll update the demo with couple more stages later.

I just need to figure out what's up with the moving platforms, the character slides a little on them disregard having Ride Platforms behavior, hmm.

And for some reason the game can freeze when spear trap kills you from above. Very weird.

Alexin

I don't know how Ride Platform works, but you can try to set the friction to 1.0 (max) when the character is on a platform AND not moving. Otherwise, set to 0.0 (min) or whatever is your setting.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

AdventureIslands

I don't know how Ride Platform works, but you can try to set the friction to 1.0 (max) when the character is on a platform AND not moving. Otherwise, set to 0.0 (min) or whatever is your setting.

Thanks! I disabled Ride Platforms and made my own behavior that puts the character's friction to 1 when he is colliding with something from bottom and movement keys are not pressed, works great!

I guess the only bug left is now to figure out why the game freezes at times when spear kills him from above.

Alexin

Press the ~ key to toggle the console. Any errors? Press it again to copy its content to the clipboard, so you can post it here.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Alexin

That works, yes.

Well, the error comes from Box2D. I think I'll need your game to investigate further.
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

AdventureIslands

I updated the demo with couple more stages and bugfixes, and I decided to name the game Dangerous Dungeons afterall.

Strasteo

This is really quite nice. Good graphics and platforming. I can definitely see this going places. :]

About the name... Dungeon Dash was actually the first name of "Dungeon Rush!". We changed the name since apparently Dungeon Dash is the name of some mini-game on neopets. :P

Ceric

Love the graphics for this game. Seems like it's coming along well, too. One thing I noticed is that the character tends to slide around a bit on top of platforms. Is this intentional?

Gonz

Really liked it. My only gripe with it is that it took me 2 or 3 attempts to beat each level, except the second one. That one took me more than thirty. I don't know if I was trying to beat it the wrong way, or it's on purpose, but this level proved way too hard compared to the others. All the rest were only slightly difficult, but whenever I died I was sure it was my fault for going about it the wrong way, and could immediately devise a new plan to get past the obstacle that killed me in the first place.

The graphics and music complement each other nicely.

Epic428

I got as far as level 2 and quit because I attempted it way too many times. the graphics are really nice, and I like the puzzle aspect of it. however I agree the collisions could be tweaked more, and level 2 could definitely be improved.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs