Ninja Chain Reaction (Now available on Appstore!!)

ferdik

Hi All,
I am super stoked to announce my first game in the Apple app store.

NINJA CHAIN REACTION (it's Free)  it is like the classic chain reaction games but with a few twists. Only 30 Levels in the current version but there is allot more ready to be added as an update which I will do later this year.  Below is the write-up and some screenshots.

I would appreciate any feedback. 

★★★★ Ninja Chain Reaction ★★★★

Is a simple and addictive game with easy gameplay. It is based on classic Chain Reaction puzzle games.

Start the chain reaction by touching the screen to send Ninja stars flying. The moving Ninjas will explode on contact with other Ninja stars, releasing more Ninja stars. To complete the level you should destroy the minimum ninjas required by your chain reaction.

As levels progress, difficulty increases with a combination of more Ninjas to destroy or less Ninjas on the screen. There are 3 different Ninja types, each with its own unique Ninja star explosion (amount of Ninja stars released vs. velocity), this adds a bit of a twist with more randomness in each chain reaction.

Features:
★ 30 Challenging levels
★ 3 Different Ninja types
★ Different star directions & velocity for each Ninja type
★ Regular Free Updates (More Levels to come)
★ Fun to replay and watch the chain reactions, not one is the same.

Have fun with those Ninjas!

« Last Edit: October 26, 2012, 11:17:04 pm by ferdik »
Sawscape iOS | Android
That's My Spot (iOS) Free
Twipe (iOS) Free
Floppy Fish (iOS) -  Free
Ninja Chain Reaction (iOS) - Free

ferdik

Hey guys, before I release the additional levels later next month I would like to get some constructive criticism before I do the update so if any of you had a chance to download and play Ninja Chain Reaction it would be great if I can get your thoughts on improvements etc.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ninja-chain-reaction/id571192628?ls=1&mt=8

Thanks

Sawscape iOS | Android
Twipe (iOS) Free

Calix

Just tried it out, and it's a pretty nice game, man. My only gripe with it is that it is way too luck based in my opinion, and lacks variety. Also, with the limited amount of levels, lack of score, and ability to choose any level right from the beginning, there is very little replay value as the game currently has. It's a good start for the game, and has some very attractive visuals that don't overwhelm the player, but you need to expand the features if you want it to be a great game overall. I look forward to seeing what you come up with to expand on the game :3

Edit: After playing a little more, I noticed some glaring issues in consistency. For example, Level 9 requires you to get nine Ninjas, and it is actually rather difficult. Level 10 requires you to get ten Ninjas, and adds a new kind of Ninja, and has eleven Ninjas on screen. Level 11, requires you to merely get ONE Ninja, and only six Ninjas total on screen, and it appears that the number required to be hit randomly drops, regardless of the level's difficulty/Ninjas used. I recommend going through your levels and rebalancing things like this, too. Inconsistency issues like this can detract from the professionalism of games.

Also, the level will occasionally black out and end regardless of if there are still Shuriken on the screen, essentially robbing you of a victory. This has happened three or four times to me, and it would improve the game a lot if it were fixed.

Some suggestions from me that may improve the game's quality:
  • Possibly less luck-based levels (entirely optional of course, some games thrive on luck)
  • Unreached levels locked from start
  • Local High Score for each level
  • More variety in levels (try adding objects that block/deflect Shuriken and Ninjas to spice things up, for example)
  • More consistency in difficulty and completion requirement between levels
  • Game will not end until all Shuriken are off screen
  • Level number displayed during level
  • Have the game give a message when final level beaten, or at least return to level select or menu, instead of return to Level 1

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 03:26:37 am by Calix »

rahulmartin

Nice work , keep up , good luck for next game too.

ferdik

Hi Calix, thanks so much for the advice all the points you are mentioned are valid some I was aware of but you confirmed it. This was exactly the type of feedback I was looking for.

I think I might need to delay the update and actually re-look at the game from an improvement view point and maybe do a bit of an overhaul.

I really appreciate you taking the time.  :)

Sawscape iOS | Android
Twipe (iOS) Free

ferdik

Thanks rahulmartin!  8)
Sawscape iOS | Android
Twipe (iOS) Free