Windows 8

Max Finch

I just updated to windows 8 last night and so far I love it.

Just a few questions for the team.

What should we expect for this new OS?

Will we soon be able to implement features like live tiles, Xbox live, contracts, etc?

With the current stencyl software, do we know if we can publish to windows live store?

This new software is already exciting and I'm hoping to develop to it early before it becomes to populated.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:19:07 pm by Max Glockling Games »

gabrieldex

I tried out Windows 8 last night for the first time and I thought it was wonderful. We will probably have to wait for Stencyl 3.0 before we can publish to the Windows Store. :'( I can't wait

With Stencyl 3.0, we’ll be bringing Stencyl to all major platforms. We'll also be unifying all our technology behind a single engine and language that continues to export native apps to each major platform.

- iOS
- Android
- Flash
- HTML5
- Windows / Windows 8 / Windows Store
- Mac / Mac App Store
- Linux

Max Finch

I hope it comes put soon. I wan to publish to windows store soon! Before it gets to big.

ridhwaan08

I hope it comes put soon. I wan to publish to windows store soon! Before it gets to big.

I am also gonna be upgrading today
Sounds good
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!

Audrey Hepburn

Stevetheipad

Other than a couple new features, it sucks. :(

SWATLLAMA

Those new features suck.
Windows 8 is impractical without a touchscreen, and I'm not keen about reaching out to my screen and touching it to do everything.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Max Finch

I love the start menu. While it is made mainly for touch screens, it has so many great tools that for me it was worth upgrading it for only $40.

irock

While it is made mainly for touch screens, it has so many great tools that for me it was worth upgrading it for only $40.
What kind of tools?

Max Finch

While it is made mainly for touch screens, it has so many great tools that for me it was worth upgrading it for only $40.
What kind of tools?

The lock screen keeps me updated with any new E-Mails, instagram notifications, facebook notifications, etc. (Kinda like iOS.) As well as the same thing for the start screen, it gives you any updated info/news which I really like because I have the newegg app from the windows 8 store. And it keeps me updated on new technology. There's ALOT more, but I'm still breaking into it. But so far, it is way worth my $40.

SWATLLAMA

I use my chrome web browser for all of those. Those "additions" to Windows 8 just take up extra RAM and are a luxury that the user can get with their browser.
Hail The Llama
http://www.kongregate.com/accounts/lSWATLLAMA
"Play the games" ~ The Grand Llama

It's my life goal to rickroll as many people as possible

Max Finch

I use my chrome web browser for all of those. Those "additions" to Windows 8 just take up extra RAM and are a luxury that the user can get with their browser.
You won't really understand what I'm talking about unless you try it.
These are way better then the chrome extensions. I actually find that my PC is running faster with windows 8 then windows 7. And the chrome extensions made chrome use around 1-1 1/2 GB OF Ram.
RAM though isn't a worry for me really because I have 8GB plenty for what I do.

gabrieldex

Windows 8 is a great OS. Just take the 5 minutes to learn it and you will love it. And even if you don't like the tiles, you can always take 2 seconds to go to the desktop.  :D

darkknighth20

Windows 8 works great.

The improved boot time is just fantastic.

The start menu takes some getting use to, as does the new Task Manager, but it's nice and snappy.
- DarkKnightH20
Need Help?
>> Stencyl Guides
Current Game In Progress >> A Hack N Slash

System4Studios

I love Windows 8.

As a student, I got the pro version free from Dreamspark.
Games:
Pitluff: http://tinyurl.com/8y5uovn
The World of Pitluff (In Development):
http://tinyurl.com/cv39ooj

MrRoboman4321

Have any of you guys had any trouble with downloading stencyl for windows 8? I get this cryptic error:

Installer integrity check has failed. Common causes include incomplete download and damaged media. Contact the installer's author to obtain a new copy.

WTF? WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN! Oh, and btw, I AM using Windows 8.