can't test my own games

omgitskara

When i test my game with the stencyl software or the uploaded copy on this site it lags horribly. When i ask a friend to test it (the copy here) they see no lag. I tried older versions of my game with the software that used to play fine and they lag as well.

Not sure if this strange bug is covered already but does anyone know what could be going wrong for me?

I use the most recent version.

ipe 369

Is your computer like, prehistoric? o.O It sounds like it's the computer, but running a flash game shouldn't be that bad for it... Do you have lots running in the background?

omgitskara

It's not old, I bought it last year.This problem happened randomly about a month back but I have been to busy to look into it. The weird thing is I can play other flash games fine but I noticed none of the copies of my game would work for me. I do usually run other things in the background but they don't effect the lag.

The only thing I can image is wrong is something my side with Stencyl or Adobe flash player 10. When I first discovered this problem i updated Stencyl and nothing changed bug wise. Adobe says Chrome updates it automatically so that should be up to date as well.

When I test play my game the start menu works fine with 60fps. When I start playing it has short lag surges that drop it to 20fps and back to 60 again. I looked at it just now with my normal open windows( youtube, livestream and 2 open Stencyl windows). I use two sometimes when comparing code blocks. It lags just the same with nothing but one Stencyl open while testing.

omgitskara

I forgot to add that Stencyl also doesn't let me upload to the arcade as a work in progress since this problem happened.

Edit: well no one has an answer for me so I guess I can no longer use Stencyl...

« Last Edit: November 09, 2012, 08:58:49 am by omgitskara »