AWS SimpleDB or other cloud based DB [IDEA]

SohoJoe

I would like to build in server side data to my app and I'm looking at AWS's SimpleDB - How would I go about hooking this into v3.0?

Thanks,

Joe

« Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 10:57:40 am by Jon »

Joe

You'd wanna set up a server-side application to handle interfacing between AWS and Stencyl. On the Stencyl side, you'll probably want to use the HTTP blocks to query your application.

SohoJoe

Thanks Joe... Couldn't I just add the ASW SDK via the new extension functionality in 3.0? That was the path I was expecting to go down (not sure I'm ready to start making a server side application)

Joe

I'm not familiar with their SimpleDB SDKs in particular, but if they have one for one of our target platforms, then possibly.

captaincomic

I also don't know AWS/SimpleDB in detail but typically the database will be on a server (or actually distributed on several servers) and you need to write a server side appication to access it, like Joe said. I think the only exception is mobile apps which have an SDK to communicate with the datastore directly.

SohoJoe

I came across this lib for AWS for Haxe, how hard would it be to implement this? it might be a better approach then implementing the separate AWS OS API's