Looking for an Artist... Full Credits but no pay :(

Tuo

Hello all,
I am trying to create a maze-like game that is very dark; I am not an artist myself although I can get by for most of the artwork. The main menu though is proving to be extra difficult. I am trying to make a simple creepy cave, but my artwork is obviously "noobish". Thus, I am trying to find an artist to make the picture.

The catch: I don't have a lot of money to put forward for the picture. I am creating this game to make a message, and any revenue goes to charity. I am fully willing to give front-page credit to the artist though, as well as a link back to their site if desired. I realize that your time is valuable... and that I probably can't afford it  :-\ . Still, I figured there's no harm in asking.

Below you can find what I have done so far. While I like the grass, the cave needs serious work to make it better. At least it gives you an idea as to what I am looking for though.

Thanks for your consideration & taking the time to read this :)

« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 05:17:47 pm by Tuo »
Don't look to me but rather to the One who is the reason for what I do. :)

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

vikingpotato

shall give it a try tomorrow morning :) just keep it if u like it

Tuo

Thank you. I look forward to seeing it :).

If you need help, send me a PM. Even if I haven't been on in the forums in ages, I still receive those messages via email notifications. You can also reply to any of my forum posts, regardless of the age (especially if I created it), and I will likely reply.

If you want to see the programming behind certain types of games, feel free to check out my "Demo-" games on StencylForge (http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,16160.0.html)

vikingpotato

overestimated myself :P it sucked... will do a round two, but please keep the hunt on in case any miracle doesn't happen from my tablet

Tuo

Alright. Thanks for trying.

By the way, I'm not just looking for one-time (although that is fine too). I'm hoping to eventually find an artist to work with long-term if anyone is interested. ;) (I know you all don't really know me well... but I'm actually a Stencyl vet back from 1.1 who has been doing minor works for others just now doing things in my own name.)

luekhue

OK well here what i got. Hope its what you are looking for. I don't know if you wanted to keep the same blur style or color. If you do i can change the color and put a blur filter on it or something. If you don't want to use it, it cool. But if you do all i ask is for Credits. Sorry my English is not the best.   

Feel free to crop it and whatever.

cucumkid

One dark cave attached. Permission is granted to use as requested in your messages.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 08:26:02 am by cucumkid »

Tuo

Thank you both for the pictures :). IRL is crazy busy right now (worked 14 hours yesterday), but I will try to give more detailed feedback soon.

Tuo

luekhue: Thank you for your rendition. I like your style. I wish that both yours and cucumkid's went well together but the styles are very different. I liked the simplicity of yours but the realism of his.

cucumkid: Thank you for the rendition (and for the adjustment). The bottom almost looks like a river of blood... but I may actually be able to play off of that. ;)