Super Rocketeer

Blob

There is a fatal flaw in your demo: If you die while doing a rocket boost, the game freezes, and I get a negative ms value from Flash when determining FPS.
Yes, that's an old problem I've known about for some time, since then it's been fixed in the current build of Super Rocketeer thanks to some help from Alexin. Please know that the Rocketeer demo doesn't reflect Super Rocketeer's current state.

~ Blob

Jesse

I really like how the new graphics turned out - good luck with this! :)

KungFuFurby

Well, it's nice to see it's already been fixed. ^_^ You never know when these go unnoticed...

At first I was rather surprised with the name of this game because it made me think of not only the movie Rocketeer, but the SNES game based off of the movie. Your game definitely takes the word Rocketeer differently, and that is reflected in your gameplay.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games

irock

There is a fatal flaw in your demo: If you die while doing a rocket boost, the game freezes, and I get a negative ms value from Flash when determining FPS.
That demo is outdated. He's redoing the game.

Edit: Oh there's a page 2 with posts on it.

Darkhog

That's nothing, KFF. I've managed to get different one in which game not freezes, but new Rocketeer is spawned every few seconds and after a while you get army of 300 or more Rockeeters. Tough I don't know how to reproduce it.

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Blob

That's nothing, KFF. I've managed to get different one in which game not freezes, but new Rocketeer is spawned every few seconds and after a while you get army of 300 or more Rockeeters. Tough I don't know how to reproduce it.
Ah, that's another problem I was aware of way back, but I thought I had fixed that for the old demo. In any case, it's not a problem now as Super Rocketeer doesn't use the flag checkpoint system, which was the source of the problem.

~ Blob

EDIT: for those who haven't seen this cool little glitch:

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 04:42:03 pm by Blob »

Justin

I've gotta say, the make-over you gave this game is absolutely.. orgasmic.

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Hectate

I've never played it, but your glitch reminds me of a 2D version of Pikmin.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

Blob

Sorry for the delay in updates, I know this game went under the radar for a lot of newcomers, but now I have the first update ready for mentioning some of the accomplishments I've made with the game thus far.

[click titles for screenshots]

Mobility

While I've been fine-tuning the controls from the original Rocketeer prototype, I've also been giving Rocketeer more abilities such as ground pounding, ducking, rolling, and picking up objects, giving the player more ways to handle situations.

Water

Water shifts gameplay from platforming to precision movement. I'm debating whether or not to have there be a breath-holding time limit.

Fire

Fire is the first hazard in the game that isn't death-on-touch, it gives you time to find a water source to cool off. Right now it doesn't add too much variety to the gameplay, but I've toyed with the idea of dynamic fire. It probably won't make it into the Super Rocketeer demo as it's planned for later levels.

Power-Ups
I've made a handful of power-ups for Rocketeer that change up gameplay. I'm not going into specifics just yet, but you might've seen a couple as my avatar.

---

There's more I could talk about, but I think I've covered enough highlights for now. As usual, feel free to comment or give feedback on anything. A demo is somewhere on the horizon and I'd like to make it as smooth as possible.

~ Blob

Epic428

Those graphics are absolutely gorgeous Blob! I cannot wait for you to release the demo as I am sure it is going to be amazing! Great Job!
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

aaronlite

Those graphics are so great. @_@

Chris

Excellent banner!

Strasteo

Lookin' great! I like the new features, and it'll be nice to see exactly what the power-ups we've seen as your avatar do. :]

Definitely can't wait for the demo.

almyki

BLOB This is SO COOL bro, post more soon!

-thumbs up-

<3 ali
dA |

Skills:  Drawn art, writing/story concepts, drawn backgrounds.
Preferred Games:  Visual Novels, RPGs, Simulations, Sandboxes, Dress-Ups
Current Projects:  Pokepet Eevee!

S34Qu4K3

Finish it please :)