Porting a flash game with new controls

NexusxAlpha

Hello everyone,

So for the stencyljam that was over at newgrounds, I made this game http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/599944 and I enjoyed making it(not completely finished) and I would like to port it.

I have a few problems though. Play the game and check the controls, they feel strange for some reason and I cant put my finger on why it does.

I want to port the game over to iOS in the next few months and add way more levels in it and more challenging/rewarding gameplay mechanics.

I'd like your suggestions as to what I could do for the controls as I don't want it to be clunky, I'd like the player to not even think about the controls whilst they play.

captaincomic

If you want to port the game to iOS it might be better to wait for the release of 3.0. Making iOS games with 3.0 should be easier and less buggy, and you get an Android version as well without extra effort.

NexusxAlpha

If you want to port the game to iOS it might be better to wait for the release of 3.0. Making iOS games with 3.0 should be easier and less buggy, and you get an Android version as well without extra effort.

Yeah was gonna wait till 3.0, will be so awesome. I recently got the Nexus 7 hoping it can be my tablet dev platford.

Still need to think of a way to make a player move left, right and jump without onscreen buttons in the way of everything. :P

captaincomic

Ah, okay. About the controls, they don't feel clunky to me. The only things that feels a bit strange is that you cannot jump while moving on a slope. I can't give you any advice on mobile controls though, since I never held a tablet or smartphome in my hands :P