Squid Sprite...

Blorph

For a game that I'm working on I need a Squid that when moving ungulates its tentacles.
Sorry but I can't pay, but I'll mention you in my app.

And I can't design for free... But I'll mention you in my quote....

Try opengameart.com

Blorph

The site didn't work, I've found one sprite, but it was ripped from a game, can I use it commercially?

BindOnAccount

In the bottom corner. Give credit if used. So give credit.

Innes

In the bottom corner. Give credit if used. So give credit.

The images were ripped from a copyrighted game; I don't think that crediting the person who ripped the images qualifies for authorisation to use the copyright images!

My advice is don't use the images, even for non-commercial purposes; it's a breach of copyright unless the copyright holder has authorised such use.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.

HannesRoets

don't use them, they violate copyright.
save up and hire an artist. ;-)

Future Freak

You have the basis of a squid there - so base your design on that - make if different enough so you're not directly ripping it off.

alex pang

You have the basis of a squid there - so base your design on that - make if different enough so you're not directly ripping it off.
That's immoral steeling. People who do that get an automatic 1/5 from me.

Future Freak

Depends on your idea of 'base'. Where do *you* draw the line?  Is looking at a squid in the wild and drawing it, considered stealing from nature?

alex pang

Depends on your idea of 'base'. Where do *you* draw the line?  Is looking at a squid in the wild and drawing it, considered stealing from nature?
No but overlapping a carefully placed outline by another artist is.
It can get you sewed too.

Innes

It can get you sewed too.

Stitched up?

On a more serious note, there is a 'fine line' when it comes to this kind of thing. I think the suggestion was to use the example as a 'base'; artists have been doing this since the beginning of time. i.e. look at the existing graphic and understand the basic form, then create your own work and modify it so it is unique.

As an analogy, many movies are based on a similar storyline, but they are not copies.
Visit www.TheStencylBook.com - the only published book for learning Stencyl.