Boom Boom Fishing!

zerosimms

Ladies and gentleman, I would like to introduce to you 'Boom boom fishing', I've been working hard on this game for a few months and I feel it's in a playable state. I'm releasing first here on Stencyl on the hope to gather some feedback ready for a final release by the end of the year!

Play it right here:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/15496

Introduction:

Bombs, Gems, Lasers, looting, Invaders from space and gambling; all in days fishing!

Welcome to the lake!
You are captain and commander of the ship 'Ages'.
Fitted with a cannon and with full air support on hand your goal is simple, blast the little fishy's out the water and collect the loot!

How to play:
Move your boat left and right. ('A' and 'D')
Fire your cannon so that your bombs land in front of the passing fish. ('Spacebar')
Build up 'kill chains' by killing fish without missing.
Call in air support to help blast them out of the water. ('enter')
Use the slot machine to win perks.

Extras:
Achievements
High score
Mini Game
Secret Game
Secret High score

Play it right here:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/15496

Become king fisher!

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 08:23:55 am by zerosimms »

jffilion83

Really nice project, I like the original approach of the game. I liked the old graphic which were more Nintendo looking personally, but the new one are more HD I guess. 

Medals system is a neat feature too, Overall I give a good feedback to the game even if its not my type. If im not mistaken there was a fisherman on the ship in earlier version ? I think it was funnier with a protagonist on the ship =)

If you got some time, Im also trying to get feedback on my experimental demo, check out the game forums Ive announced it : Last Xenos ZX

Jeff Filion

hdesign

how to shoot cannon?

zerosimms

how to shoot cannon?

Space bar man and to use your air support it's the enter key :-)

hdesign

;) thanks bro, nice game

zerosimms

Really nice project, I like the original approach of the game. I liked the old graphic which were more Nintendo looking personally, but the new one are more HD I guess. 

Medals system is a neat feature too, Overall I give a good feedback to the game even if its not my type. If im not mistaken there was a fisherman on the ship in earlier version ? I think it was funnier with a protagonist on the ship =)

If you got some time, Im also trying to get feedback on my experimental demo, check out the game forums Ive announced it : Last Xenos ZX

Jeff Filion

Thanks Jeff, I had to change the graphics... I don't have a clear vision when I start out of the end result and I found with pixels I was having to draw so much, then export, resize and import it was killing me. I've used vector's before so I took a gamble and decided to drop the pixels.
I agree though, there was more "comedy" in the old game, something I'm trying to introduce back.

I'll check out your game, thanks for the comments

zerosimms

Play on www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/605856 (for achievements and highscores)

choas81

Looks pretty good.