[WIP] Adventure Blob

aaronlite

Here's a WIP of Adventure Blob. It's pretty basic... Mostly just learning stencyl a bit with it.

http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/4110

May or may not not do anything with it in the future. Let me know what you think. : )

Epic428

you might want to consider making the very beginning easier to navigate. the double jump is rather touchy, so it was very hard to get past all the jumping to explore the rest of the game.

It also doesn't seem very interactive at this point, I just felt like I ran forever to finally jump and die and repeat.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

aaronlite

Okay. changed the first level + a couple things, and changed double jump to anytime. Seems it was a bit too hard. Should be better now. : )

I know it's pretty uninteresting since there isn't really anything going on, but I mostly just wanted to make some graphics and learn the basics. I'm not the best level designer lol.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 12:52:43 am by aaronlite »

Strasteo

These are some nice graphics. The double jump looks a tad odd. I understand it's a sort of 'kick' or 'flip' upwards but to me it's a bit abrupt and strange. You might want to consider a simpler kind of indication of a double jump, or improve on the double jump frame to make it more fluid.

Good potential here though, keep it up. The vibe reminds me a little of Knytt Stories, which tends to wow through its simplistic but stunning, detailed yet minimalistic details and an ambient soundtrack accompanied with a pretty large and open world to explore.

aaronlite

Thanks for the input. : )

I've changed the jumping. I think it's not bad now...

Strasteo

Looks better. I tested it again but it seems that you can't make it to the very first pillar now. You might want to make the moving speed a little bit higher, because it feels a tad slow right now and is probably the culprit.

aaronlite

Hm, I made it over fine. You ran and double jumped?

Anyways, changed run/jump slightly... I'll leave it around there, probably tweak slightly and thats about it.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 04:59:58 pm by aaronlite »

Strasteo

Oh, that's my bad. :P

Forgot to run.

KungFuFurby

Made it to the third level.
Hi, all! I'm KungFuFurby, music composer. If you're looking for some music for your game, just PM me.
My Works List for Non-Stencyl Games
My Works List for Stencyl Games