No more "repeat" option for events?

captaincomic

I noticed that the blue arrow icon next to events that allowed to toggle the event to "repeat" or "not repeat" is gone in 3.0. Is this a (known) bug?

Jon

I think we retained the restrictions of the mobile/iOS side of things, and repeat got lost in there. I'm not sure if the engine supports the repeat option in its current state, though.

SirJohnny

Hello. I downloaded the latest Stencyl beta for Mac and noticed that the repeatability function, the one I could use to determine if an event should happen always/only once/etc, is gone from the event sidebar. Now there is only the box to tick/untick if one wants the event to work or not. 
I relied heavily on that function in the games I've been converting from 2.2, so it's impossible for me right now to proceed.
Was it intended or is it a bug?
Thanks in advance.

Jon

Right now, it's an intentional omission and something that will need to be worked around. I'll see if there's an easy way to make something run just once (something that you can just copy and paste in as a tiny bit of code), versus having to add that in the long way (a boolean attribute).

It might pop back in a 3.x release but won't make it back into 3.0.

TimNedvyga

This feature is very helpfull!!
Hope it will be added soon :)
WebSite - respiregames.com
Twitter - @RespireGames

TimNedvyga

I think we retained the restrictions of the mobile/iOS side of things, and repeat got lost in there. I'm not sure if the engine supports the repeat option in its current state, though.

It's realy hard to do some things like collectable items or playing some sounds. All this stuff need events that not repeat, otherwise it overlaping and make chaos

« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 03:09:45 am by TimNedvyga »
WebSite - respiregames.com
Twitter - @RespireGames

captaincomic

You can usually work around by adding a boolen, set it to true in "when created", check if it is true in the event that shouldn't repeat. If it is true, set it to false and do whatever you want to do just once.