Can't make a SWF file

Netgeneraal

I have a problem i have made a little game and i want to make a SWF file of it.
But it says: Unable to ecport SWF to the requested location.(Could not write)

I have also posted the logs.

I hope that somebody can help me.

Epic428

I see no errors in the logs. When you click to export to .swf  does it generate the .swf and then ask where you want to save it? or does it not generate at all?

If it is the former, then you may need to specify a new location to save, if it is the latter, then try moving your SW directory to someplace like C:\ and see if it works.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Netgeneraal

It asks where to save it.
And if i want to save in the C:\  then it says : A required privilege is not held by the client.

(And if i run it as administrator than it gives the same error as all the other files)

I have this problem when i updated the program.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:07:38 am by Netgeneraal »

coleislazy

Are you using Windows 7? I think it does not like to allow people to mess with the C:\ directory. Try saving it someplace that belongs to your user, like your desktop, and see if that works.

Netgeneraal

Yes i use windows 7.
It doesn't work either when i try to save it on the deskop.

Epic428

try moving the StencylWorks Directory to a new location, and then exporting it. If that doesn't help, then you may have something really messed up with your permissions.

I use windows 7 and I can save to C:\, Desktop, etc.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Netgeneraal

i have replaced it . didn't work
i have reinstold it and now it don't even give where i want to save it.

Netgeneraal

Yeeeah
i have deleted some resource pack and music and now it works again.

Epic428

So everything is working properly now?

spooneyte

I'm also having this problem with my game, Pig...I can share it on StencylForge and can produce a test SWF, but export it as a SWF (or, for that matter, publish it.) I get the same error that's listed above, but am on a Mac, and have tried both exporting it onto my external drive and downloading it from StencylForge on a friend's Mac and then exporting it there. I got the same error message, yet have no problem exporting the sample games as SWF, which leaves me to believe it's something in my game itself, but I have no idea what that could be. Could someone else less noob than me try downloading Pig from StencylForge and seeing if they can figure out what's up?

Epic428

Can you share your logs. Debug > Generate logs. I would like to look at them to see if any errors are being generated that may help solve this issue.

Unfortunately, I don't have a Mac so, it is hard for me to say how to navigate and where to go, which directories to try, etc. I'm also unfamiliar with any "permissions" that a mac may have.

Joe

From your description it sounds like it's a problem with the game.

spooneyte

Here's the logs...from looking through them myself, there's a lot of error messages being generated by stuff that I'd put into the game, but then deleted. For instance, I started out using the SF behavior "Die" for rolling the dice, then removed it and made my own...but it still seems to be trying to initialize stuff from that behavior. It's also erroring over the fonts I was previously using, Amplitude and Joystix. Is there any way to clean up my code so this all go away, without just rebuilding the game from scratch? I tried optimizing its size, but that did nothing...

spooneyte

Here's the newest log—interestingly, the lingering remains of all the deleted behaviors, which I thought were the problem, vanished...but still no SWF. :( There are still a fair amount of error messages, but they don't make much sense to me—they keep saying things like "FONT" and "ACTOR" don't exist, but it's totally unclear what they're referring to. Anyone have any ideas?

spooneyte

Uh, bump? So far, the sage advice I've received here amounts to "I don't know how your permissions work," (which is obviously irrelevant, since I said I was able to export other SWFs,) and "It sounds like an issue with the game" (which duh, since ibid.) If someone could actually take a look at my log and tell me something I don't know already, it'd be very helpful.