AlchemyExit error?

Justin

I've suddenly begun getting this error. It seems like it's related to the physics engine? The top couple parts of the stack trace seem to be missing though. Anybody with prior experience, or who knows why this error happens?

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Legendary Hoamaru

Can you press continue on the error window to see what the following error is (if any)?

Has any new values been added to the physic engine recently?

Alexin

The last two calls are missing because because the error originated from the native libraries. In order to debug the problem, you have to give us more information and context.

(I somewhat made a Puzzle Bubble-like game, as a spin-off of Super Noni Adventures. I gave up on it though)
"Find the fun"
alexin@stencyl.com

Greg

I've only ever seen errors like this when I was doing odd things - like adding joints to bodies that couldn't move, or messing with other things in code mode related to Box 2d bodies. 

Justin

@LH: Pressing continue yields no new information.

@Greg: I actually don't have much going on so far as physics are concerned in the game. Really, all that's happening, is the bubbles are constantly having their x and y values set to match with the grid.

@Alexin: Heh, that would have been interesting to see.

This error only occasionally occurs when I place a new bubble.

I've just found that setting the bubbles collision group so that they can't collide with each other somehow keeps this error from happening. (I'm not using the bubble cannon just yet. Right now, I'm using a behavior that allows me to place bubbles with the mouse, in order to test a gameplay behavior. In other words, the bubbles really shouldn't be colliding with each other in the first place, so this really confuses me.)

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:59:02 pm by Justin »

Jon

You can usually make an educated guess on what the problem is based on the 3rd line of the error, even if the top 2 lines are unknown. I'd check what's called at in b2World.as at the line number given.

Joe

<offtopic>I've been noticing this for a while, but is there any reason a lot of console errors show up with the file path having "jon" in it? I'm sure it's the location of the source on Jon's machine, but is it something that's here to stay?</offtopic>

Jon

It's an artifact of having been built on my computer but has no other significant beyond that, nor do I know how to remove it offhand (maybe the ANT script can be altered to strip it out?)

Justin

I'm still not quite sure why this was happening, but I did fix it... somehow. I realized it was only happening when I created orange bubbles, and then I realized that orange bubbles had a square collision shape instead of a circle.

It stopped happening after I set the collision shape to a circle like the rest of the bubbles.