Creating a Halo

jol

Hello,
how can I create a halo like in this game ? :

Thanks !

djip123

There are a lighting behavior on StencylForge as i remember, then you just have to edit a bit in that behavior :)
Go check out my website: http://gamecow.net

jol

The Draw Light Radius ? (the lighting effect is just a tileset with alpha, not working for what I want I think).

Create an actor ( the light ) and make him follow the main actor maybe ?
Zen - Newgrounds - goo.gl/fd4mU

Shoot me a PM or something..

chrizt

correct me if i am wrong but its not related to actor ambidex.. its made by applying effects to the screen.. i havent tried to make 1 tho.. :D
need help with behavior? game design? graphic design? just contact me
email : christianatin27@gmail.com

chrizt

the game fps drop down to 30 fps.. i assume because its using drawing? or it was just set to 30 max?

SpookyBurger

you could make a actor that's the size of the screen, make it follow the actor,  have it be black except for where you want "light" to be.  here's a little sample pic, where it shows white it should just be empty/transparent
Please try out my latest build of Patient 9 here.   http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/23179

chrizt

yeah.. you can make it like that.. maybe it will need to be bigger than screen size.. you know when jumping is going to bring that actor going up too right..

jol

you could make a actor that's the size of the screen, make it follow the actor,  have it be black except for where you want "light" to be.  here's a little sample pic, where it shows white it should just be empty/transparent

Yeah it is what I was thinking but I was hoping a better solution, anyway thanks you all guys for helping ;). I will do this level on one screen only so the "big actor" solution will be ok I think!

yeah.. you can make it like that.. maybe it will need to be bigger than screen size.. you know when jumping is going to bring that actor going up too right..
Well , that what I said !!
Zen - Newgrounds - goo.gl/fd4mU

Shoot me a PM or something..