[WIP] Turn-Based Strategy Game (similar to Advance Wars)

Dom818

As soon as 3.0 appeared in beta, I began work on a full turn based strategy game in Stencyl. It will be similar to Advance Wars for the DS. I plan to add everything from a large variety of units (land, water, air, indirect/ direct attackers), to custom information (attack, defense, health, movement, fuel, ammo) for each unit, to a challenging AI. I also hope to add a map builder to the app, too.

At the moment, the game is coming along well. Most of the programming and unit information is already added and local two player mode is working perfectly. Features such as movement obscured by terrain, attacking, capturing, combining, healing, and defending are already functional. The main slowdown of the game's development is the graphics (my artist draws them and then I give them to another person to computerize them).

I can't release the name of this app yet as I fear that someone may steal it, but that will come soon. I will also start posting screen shots as the graphics are completed and the game begins to look acceptable.

Thanks to everyone who is contributing to 3.0. Everything from the new engine to the extensions for the TileAPI and Pathfinding (thanks jihem)Mohave made developing this fun and enjoyable.

Jon

That's awesome - I've always wanted to see a TBS game made in Stencyl - it's my favorite genre.

Dom818

I will be sure not to disappoint you! :)

Leaufai

Sounds great. Liked Adance Wars and I'd love to play it on iOS. Is it made with the iPad or iPhone in mind?

Dom818

Sounds great. Liked Adance Wars and I'd love to play it on iOS. Is it made with the iPad or iPhone in mind?

It will be a universal app that will support all the iOS and Android devices.

Leaufai

Would love to see a screenshot or mockup. Very interested.

Dom818

Would love to see a screenshot or mockup. Very interested.

I would love to post a screenshot of this but I sadly cannot right now. I will post a screenshot as soon as I feel it is acceptable. If I posted what the game looks like now, it would seem like a joke because that is how bad the graphics are now. The graphics are taking forever and it is actually starting to annoy me (I might just do them myself and ditch my current computer artist).

Dom818

Progress is slowly starting to pick up on this game, hope it won't be too long before I can release some more info on it.

gruffman

TBS should be a natural fit for stencyl, i'm a big TB player, so i hope things are progressing well :)
Now available for all Android Devices - Happy Face Concentration
My Games To Date
Find A Face / Hero Of Oda / Snakes And Ladders
Hungry Monkey available at fgl.com for Sponsorship
My site - Gruffgames.com

Dom818

TBS should be a natural fit for stencyl, i'm a big TB player, so i hope things are progressing well :)

The pace of this game will be picking up soon. I found a Wacom drawing tablet in box of to be recycled electronics so making graphics just got much easier.