<MISSING STRING>

invinceableian

Look... I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this problem.. but every time I open StencylWorks It just replaces every item with <MISSING STRING> (with the exception of game titles)

I have already uninstalled and reinstalled StencylWorks three times but I always have the same error. HELP!

Joe

Yikes, you're definitely missing some language files. And reinstalling isn't working? Are you running SW in English?

Jon

Did you try everything listed here?
http://community.stencyl.com/index.php/topic,1191.0.html

Particularly point 1 - moving the install directory to c:/

invinceableian

Yeah I'm running StencylWorks in english...

Well it works up until it updates, then it messes it up. :(

I tried moving the directory to C:/ just now, but it didn't help. Is there anything else I can do??

Jon

Post up your logs, if the program's even able to do that.

1) Is there even a lang directory?
2) Are you running as an administrator?

invinceableian

How would I do that?

There is a language directory... and it's already set to English... I tried changing it to a different language and it still had the same problem.

Me and my Dad tried running it as a admin, but nothing changed.

Blob

In the top menu of Stencylworks go to Debug -> Generate Logs.

You can find those logs in the logs folder in your Stencylworks directory and post them here as an attachment.

~ Blob

invinceableian

But I can't see any of the menu items... can you tell me if it's menu item 1,2,3, or 4? (1 being at the top... 4 being at the bottom)

Blob

Oh, lol, I didn't think of that. It's not in the vertical menu, it's in the top horizontal menu.

It's the 7th over, as you can see. Then it should drop down to 4 more options. 'Generate Logs' is the bottom one.

~ Blob

invinceableian

Ok thanks... here are the logs.

Jon

Could you peek at the contents of the language files. Is there anything in them?

lang/en/global.lang for example

All I can tell from the logs is that it's completely unable to read the files and dies at the first line. If you'd like to resolve this quicker, you should hop into chat where one of the support staff can give you more real-time tips.

invinceableian

Here's a screen shot of all the files that are in the English folder... I'm not sure if this is what you were talking about but here.

Epic428

I compared what is here to what I have in my folder. It looks like main.lang is missing?

I am attaching the version I have, I'd say try adding it into that folder and see if it helps.
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

invinceableian

I put it in there... and nothing changed.

Rob

Noticed that all the files are 9KB in size which should not be the case. As a workaround, should someone package a language/en and send to you? Of course, this is just a temporary test to see if it works for you.
GOLDEN RULE #1 : SAVE YOUR GAMES FREQUENTLY
IOS/XCODE DEBUGGING
http://www.stencyl.com/help/view/xcode-ios-troubleshoot/
WATCH STENCYLWORKS VIDEO TUTORIAL BY SUNRISEKINGDOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDfRfjzr9j4&feature=channel_video_title