HELP!!! FAST!!! INVISIBLE WALL!

dennisdk1

HELP ME! IN NEED THIS "GAME" TO BE FINISH TOMORROW!

MY PROBLEM IS:
IF I WALK WITH MY CHARACTER I'LL FACE AN INVISIBLE WALL! THERE IS NOTHING?!?! PLEASE HELP!

Carrill

Check the collision settings on your tilesets. You're probably using tiles in your scenes that shouldn't have collisions set on them.

dennisdk1

Check the collision settings on your tilesets. You're probably using tiles in your scenes that shouldn't have collisions set on them.
Where to find these settings?

Photon

DON'T USE ALL CAPS IN THE ENTIRE POST! PEOPLE MIGHT THINK YOU ARE SHOUTING!

But seriously, we get it. It's important. Just at the very least don't make everything all caps. It can make you come across as a little unprofessional. :)

But yeah, what Carrill said. Access the tileset from the dashboard and you can get to the tile collision shapes from there. The only other thing I can think of is that there could be snagging, where you have two square actors (not tiles) next to each other and the player catches on a corner when trying to walk from one to the other. I have heard you can fix that with a circular collision shape on the player. Does the problem persist even when you jump/move through the air?
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

dennisdk1

But seriously, we get it. It's important. Just at the very least don't make everything all caps. It can make you come across as a little unprofessional. :)

But yeah, what Carrill said. Access the tileset from the dashboard and you can get to the tile collision shapes from there. The only other thing I can think of is that there could be snagging, where you have two square actors (not tiles) next to each other and the player catches on a corner when trying to walk from one to the other. I have heard you can fix that with a circular collision shape on the player. Does the problem persist even when you jump/move through the air?
if i try to jump or change gravity to 0 and walk in the air it still blocks me

dennisdk1

if i try to jump or change gravity to 0 and walk in the air it still blocks me
i deleted the other actor and it stills block me

djip123

Try to make a new scene then xD
Go check out my website: http://gamecow.net

Photon

Did you check the tile collision shapes yet? Could there be any nearby actors with collision shapes bigger than their actual graphics perhaps?
Do NOT PM me your questions, because I likely will not respond. If I have replied to your question on the forum, keep using that topic. Thanks!

dennisdk1

Did you check the tile collision shapes yet? Could there be any nearby actors with collision shapes bigger than their actual graphics perhaps?

Could you please be more specific i'm not that good at stencyl yet and i don't have the best english ;p

Photon

1.) Go to the dashboard and open up the tileset you are using. You can then click on the tiles and to the right you should be able to view the collision shape for the selected tile.
2.) For actors you are using, open them from the dashboard and click on the "collision" tab to check their shapes as well.

dennisdk1

1.) Go to the dashboard and open up the tileset you are using. You can then click on the tiles and to the right you should be able to view the collision shape for the selected tile.
2.) For actors you are using, open them from the dashboard and click on the "collision" tab to check their shapes as well.
I Found it :D Butt what to do with the Collisions? ;$
Sorry im just Sooooo dumb

« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 12:56:55 pm by dennisdk1 »

ipe 369

^You don't say.
Find where you're colliding, and look at the tile that is stopping you. Go into the tile collisions, and toggle that to 'no collision' rather than 'square' or something.
Sorry if i appear a little blunt, but people who claim they are themselves 'dumb' are generally it.

dennisdk1

^You don't say.
Find where you're colliding, and look at the tile that is stopping you. Go into the tile collisions, and toggle that to 'no collision' rather than 'square' or something.
Sorry if i appear a little blunt, but people who claim they are themselves 'dumb' are generally it.
I can't find that toggle...
I Think i have to search for help for my dumbness

ipe 369

No, it's not a toggle, you just select the box and it lights up...

ipe 369

Something just occurred to me, are you messing with us?
also...
666 POSTS! AWWWWW YEAH
I'm never posting again, i'll just modify posts.