Fight Fighter

NobodyX

The two player portion of the game is now online:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/2133

The game can really use proper instructions with pictures or an in-game tutorial, which I'll make later, in the meantime try to make sense of the game with the following.

Controls:

M for music

Player 1
-W--UIO
ASD-JKL

Player2
Arrows & 1 to 6 on numpad

Right hand button layout:
Cancel ------- Grab ------ Super
Attack1 -----Attack2------Attack3

For each regular attack button and for the super button, you can access an additional attack by holding down.

Hold back to block.

Staying Safe

Some moves make you invincible. Use these to escape grabs! You can also use them when you first stand up off the ground after being knocked down.

IMPORTANT: When escaping grabs and other tough situations, your character only has an approximately 1 frame window to escape. Press the attack button slightly BEFORE your guy can move, your fighter will use the move the first moment it is possible to do so.

Hold back to block attacks. If you try to jump or attack but your character did not have enough time to recover, then you forfeit the ability to block until the end of the combo.

Using the left guy

The energy meter (bottom) increases from getting hit and also hitting the other player.

Don't just press Attack 1 once at a time, try pressing it 4 times in a row!

Create a happy fire with Down Attack 1, then move it with Down Attack 3 and the directional keys!

Your standard Super uses 2 bars of energy. The Down Super and Move Cancel both use 1 bar of energy.

Starting a combo with the standard Super will result in the word "BONUS!" appearing on the screen and bonus damage on every hit until the combo ends.

Use Attack 3 or Down Super to escape grabs! You can hold Attack 3 to stay invincible longer.

Using the right guy

You have to increase your energy manually, use Down Attack 3 to charge your meter and to gain ammo! Don't overcharge, using the move when your energy is full already will result in lost hit-points.

Ammo is used for projectiles (Attack 3 and Super), and energy is used for super attacks and move cancels. All 3 energy-consuming moves (Super, Down Super, Move Cancel) use the same amount, 25% of the total bar.

Your Super slowly gradually spends ammo until it is all gone, saving up ammo for a long time will result in a lengthy and dangerous Super, whereas using the Super with no ammo will be completely harmless.

Set bombs with Down Attack 1, tap 1 to increase the timer number on the newly created bomb.

When you successfully Grab the opponent, tap the grab button each time the word "CHOMP!" appears to deal extra damage. If you timed it successfully, you will see a red flash with crud flying out.

Use Down Attack 1, Down Attack 2, or Down Super to escape grabs. Using Down Attack 2, you only turn invincible once you touch the ground, don't use it to escape grabs in the air!

Combos

Try to figure out some. I'll list a few later.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:57:00 am by NobodyX »

Blob

This post gave up.

~ Blob

« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 05:32:35 pm by Blob »

Greg

This looks awesome -- although with my limited free time, I generally only play games that feature 5 billion hours of gameplay.  I might have to make an exception here.

Justin

NobodyX, let's save humanity.

This game rocks!

For Live Support: Join our discord server and ping me @justin.
I'm most often available between 8am and midnight Japan time. (GMT+9)

Jesse

Lookin' good, bro.

What's Kirby doing there? :V

NobodyX

Wow, this is the best game I've ever seen!!

Matt_S

Oh, you.  ;D

Epic428

hahah!

This game is pretty sweet looking though!
James Moore - Official Support & Documentation.
We cannot and will not respond to PM's asking questions. Please make a new thread in the forums if you have any questions, Thank you.
For better support and faster response times, please post your logs regarding any Stencyl related issues. Debug > Logs > Generate Logs

Ethan

Thanks! I've been working very hard on this thing, so it's nice to hear something like that. Thanks for the reinforcement!

Darkhog

What's Kirby doing there? :V

The only thing he can - sucks ;).
NobodyX, this is great game, could you post new demo instead of screenshots?

There are no impossible things. There is only lack of skills.
Don't click this if your computer has less than 641 kilobytes of RAM.
Stencyl stencyling stencylish stencylers :D

Derek

I think the game would do better if you cut down on the amount of characters you're gonna have (I'd say aim for 24). It would also save you a whole lot of time in the process. Other than that, this would probably be a decent addition to the Stencyl game roster.
Don't be a critic on the internet while eating and drinking at your computer.

NobodyX

The two player portion of the game is now online:
http://www.stencyl.com/game/play/2133

The game can really use proper instructions with pictures or an in-game tutorial, which I'll make later, in the meantime try to make sense of the game with the following.

Controls:

M for music

Player 1
-W--UIO
ASD-JKL

Player2
Arrows & 1 to 6 on numpad

Right hand button layout:
Cancel ------- Grab ------ Super
Attack1 -----Attack2------Attack3

For each regular attack button and for the super button, you can access an additional attack by holding down.

Hold back to block.

Staying Safe

Some moves make you invincible. Use these to escape grabs! You can also use them when you first stand up off the ground after being knocked down.

IMPORTANT: When escaping grabs and other tough situations, your character only has an approximately 1 frame window to escape. Press the attack button slightly BEFORE your guy can move, your fighter will use the move the first moment it is possible to do so.

Hold back to block attacks. If you try to jump or attack but your character did not have enough time to recover, then you forfeit the ability to block until the end of the combo.

Using the left guy

The energy meter (bottom) increases from getting hit and also hitting the other player.

Don't just press Attack 1 once at a time, try pressing it 4 times in a row!

Create a happy fire with Down Attack 1, then move it with Down Attack 3 and the directional keys!

Your standard Super uses 2 bars of energy. The Down Super and Move Cancel both use 1 bar of energy.

Starting a combo with the standard Super will result in the word "BONUS!" appearing on the screen and bonus damage on every hit until the combo ends.

Use Attack 3 or Down Super to escape grabs! You can hold Attack 3 to stay invincible longer.

Using the right guy

You have to increase your energy manually, use Down Attack 3 to charge your meter and to gain ammo! Don't overcharge, using the move when your energy is full already will result in lost hit-points.

Ammo is used for projectiles (Attack 3 and Super), and energy is used for super attacks and move cancels. All 3 energy-consuming moves (Super, Down Super, Move Cancel) use the same amount, 25% of the total bar.

Your Super slowly gradually spends ammo until it is all gone, saving up ammo for a long time will result in a lengthy and dangerous Super, whereas using the Super with no ammo will be completely harmless.

Set bombs with Down Attack 1, tap 1 to increase the timer number on the newly created bomb.

When you successfully Grab the opponent, tap the grab button each time the word "CHOMP!" appears to deal extra damage. If you timed it successfully, you will see a red flash with crud flying out.

Use Down Attack 1, Down Attack 2, or Down Super to escape grabs. Using Down Attack 2, you only turn invincible once you touch the ground, don't use it to escape grabs in the air!

Combos

Try to figure out some. I'll list a few later.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:57:16 am by NobodyX »

tabletop

This is absolutely EXCELLENT. I know I said this before, but I think we can all admit we'd love you if you made this a kit in the future, since im sure there are a ton of useful behaviors in here that would benefit the community.

I cant seem to get the guy on the right to attack though....the numpads just trigger random actions like walking or jumping.

Edit: NVM I got it to work I just played this game with my friend and boy did the gameplay kick ass. So much variety of attacks.

« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 01:17:16 pm by tabletop »

RandomJibberish

This is looking amazing, it works beautifully. Keep in mind, though, that some laptops (Such as my macbook) don't have numpads and can't be used to control player 2.