Is there any other way to remove the white around a actor?

Randyowens3

Im kind of new to sprites/actors, and always wondered is there a better way then using the the tools to remove the white around the actor or sprite? I it here for awhile trying to remove the white with the rectangle/circle tool around my actor. Is there any other way to do it? or can i shape the frame with my actor? So it fits it.

captaincomic

GIMP has a tool called Fuzzy Select (the icon looks like a wand) which selects based on color-similarity. So you would click somewhere in the white area and the whole area gets selected and you can delete it.

I'm sure other tools like Photoshop have something similar.

Randyowens3

GIMP has a tool called Fuzzy Select (the icon looks like a wand) which selects based on color-similarity. So you would click somewhere in the white area and the whole area gets selected and you can delete it.

I'm sure other tools like Photoshop have something similar.
ok thankyou i would use photoshop, but dont got the money.

Hectate

GIMP also has a Color Select tool that could be handy (perhaps used in conjunction with Fuzzy Select). It selects ALL colors in the image (pending selection settings) that match the one that is clicked. Fuzzy Select finds adjacent pixels to select a region of similar color. If there is no other white elsewhere in the image, you might try that instead.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.