On ground and similar behaviours not working in 3.0

zerosimms

Hey all

I'm currently using the 'on ground' behaviour for one of my games it also has a few of the relative behaviours attached to it like 'walking' and 'jumping' etc. The problem is, they don't appear to work in 3.0 and I wondered if anyone else had experienced this and knows of a way to fix it?

I get the feeling that these behaviours are very popular and will probably cause a lot of complaints if they stop working in 3.0.

I'll grab the logs later today

spoogob

Gave them a try and i see what you mean, tried the walking and jumping and both give either errors or no response.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 02:08:46 am by spoogob »

Hectate

It's likely that those behaviors contain AS3/Flixel code that isn't going to work with HAXE. There's a section of the forums, a thread in fact about the necessary updates to the kits and sample games.
:
:
Patience is a Virtue,
But Haste is my Life.
Proud member of the League of Idiotic Stencylers; doing things in Stencyl that probably shouldn't be done.

rob1221

It could also be that the collision event is not always happening before the always event, which is required for the "on ground" behavior to work.

Jon

Make sure you're using the latest versions packed with 3.0. I'm moving this to captaincomic's queue for a further look should that not work for you.

captaincomic

Is this is about the Platformer Movement pack (by Greg)?

This pack hasn't been updated to 3.0, only the pre-shipped behaviors and sample games have been updated so far, and I can see a few behaviors by Luryen and rob on Forge.

It would make sense to update it, since it's a really useful pack. But maybe someone could do it who has used it in the past? (I haven't.)

Edit: since it is not really a bug, I'm moving it to Suggestions (as in suggesting to update the pack.)

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:57:10 pm by captaincomic »

Aasimar

Someone has already worked on this pack ?

captaincomic

Jon (or someone, idk) has updated it. It's now available here: http://www.stencyl.com/developers/samples/